Thread: Police Clearance about to expire :(

Default Police Clearance about to expire :(

Hi all

I have a quick query about police clearance. Hubby and I need police clearance for RSA (which is about to expire but easily re-done); Uk police clearance is still on its way, and should be here soon; but USA police clearance is about to expire and difficult to re do. My question is whether we will have to re aply for it. We were 5 - 7 days shy of 1 year in the USA and technically speaking, we only need one if we resided in the USA for 12 months or more. I did apply for the USA clearance just incase and unfortunately it is about to expire. Seeing as we haven't been in the USA since 2005, will our 'newly' expired FBI clearance be acceptable?

Thanks for any assistance.

God bless

Tracey

If you didn't live in the USA for a complete year, I can't see that they would want it at all.

I can confirm that you will not need a police certificate from USA as it clearly states as you already say you only need a police cert for countries you have lived in for 12 months or more.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../documents.htm

JandM, Caroline and Dave - thank you so much. I was really worried about that. Your assistance on this site is really very much appreciated.

My wife lived in the US for 12 months minus two days, when we applied for her Canadian PR 9 years ago (which CIC has the same 12 months or more requirement as INZ) the CO ended up coming back to us and asking for a US police clearance anyway; your, and INZ's, milage may vary... it might not hurt to get the US clearance renewed anyway if it's not too difficult.