Thread: Time taken for Medical response

Default Time taken for Medical response

Hi Guys,

My CO was appointed back in November after I submitted ITA in August and she told me that few documents are missing, so I submitted those. Then she told me some problem with my daughter's medical in January, to which i submitted a response in February but no news. When last month she told me that I need to send some LFT and HCV report for myself, she didnt even told me that she was clear. Upon asking her, she agreed that my daughter is clear now they want my report. I am in Malaysia for company business but still submitted my report in first week of May, but again the same thing, no news on my report. Although i checked the report and by the grace of God, all test values were within range and nothing abnormal.

Questions is: are there any delays with getting back on medical these days, it has been 1.5 month?
    and isn't it a bit careless that you ask for something but never confirm back if you have received or something is cleared from their side?

thanks in advance for your view.

Hello, any one ????

I got an email from my CO yesterday that she has referred medical to MA and it will take 3-4 weeks. But why after 1.5 months she send that? what were they doing with it before?

Which branch is it? My medical was referred for 4 times but there was nothing like holding that long time by CO. Yes, every referral took me around 4 weeks...though CO told me 4-6 weeks of time frame.

You may send an email to your CO's branch manager asking about this long hold. 1.5 months is real long.

You are right, i was thinking for the same but i thought she might get offended by that and may create problems in our case. As one of my friends had the same CO and she took almost 1.5 years to solve his case and ultimately declined it.

How can i know about the branch manager? If i escalate this issue to them, will they be able to resolve it without affecting my application?

Quote Originally Posted by ICTmanager View Post
    Hello, any one ????

I got an email from my CO yesterday that she has referred medical to MA and it will take 3-4 weeks. But why after 1.5 months she send that? what were they doing with it before?
    It will be worth checking if 1.5 months includes the MA referral time of 3-4 weeks, I'd suggest having all the facts ready before going via escalation path. Most of the times I have heard CO's go by the book so I don't see that CO can deliberately change decision as there are other rounds of review that goes through within the process (might not be a fact but some observation).

Yes Sun777. I asked around a few friends too. What i have also observed is may be they are short of time so they do not communicate in detail sometimes, but on the background they always have a process/reason behind almost everything. So i have politely told them thanks for the update and looking forward to your further cooperation. Because going down the escalation path without inquiring may lead to harshness on the CO and on the other hand, its just 5 weeks delay and does not mean an end of everything, I mean her response was still encouraging. Do i have decided against it and will see if they return back with a positive update by end of this month (God Willing).... So pray for me please.

I think you're doing entirely the right thing.

Right. It is very very important to avoid conflict with CO. It may lengthen the process somehow.. but I do not think it will later the result since there is always an option to appeal if the result is not as expected.

Lesson learned so far is - Be Patience. It will finally pay you off.

Definitely prayers and best wishes for you ICTmanager and enjoy your stay in Malaysia during this wait.