Thread: PR hurdles

Default PR hurdles

My wife landed a job in Auckland and we managed to get all the paperwork in place for the 2 year Work Visa in time for her to start the new job. All well, until we immediately continued to apply for PR. As the INZ only started to look at our application more than 3 months from our medicals we now have to re-do the medicals. Besides extra money it seems a little excessive. My wife has re-done hers so and had one caution on her medical for high Cholestrol, their advice do regular exercise. We eat very healthily and she exercises 6 days a week and is a rower, so not sure where this has come from. Now it will be referred to a medical assessor. Hopefully because of her previous clean bill of health only in December 11, it may not require another test. I still need to do my re-test as I am only arriving in NZ on 30 June, fingers crossed

Hope our police clearances do not run out in the meantime, seems to be moving at snails pace.

Quote Originally Posted by groonies View Post
    ...As the INZ only started to look at our application more than 3 months from our medicals we now have to re-do the medicals. Besides extra money it seems a little excessive...
    The medical must be less than 3 months old from the date that it was signed by the doctor to the time that it is submitted with the application (ITA). It doesn't matter when NZIS start to process your application otherwise most of them would need re-doing.

Ian

High cholesterol, if not caused by lifestyle, can be genetic and can be controlled by perscription. Your wife needs to speak to her doctor.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by groonies View Post
    Hope our police clearances do not run out in the meantime, seems to be moving at snails pace.
    If you've already submitted your application, your police certificates won't run out as they've already been lodged before they expire. It's ther lodgement date that counts. Just think about the parent stream that takes 18-24 months to process applications!

thank you all for the replies.