Thread: Possibly wrong employer name in ITA and Section 49(1)

Default Possibly wrong employer name in ITA and Section 49(1)

Hi all,

I just got my Approval in Principle recently, and am about to send my passport off to NZ House to have the blue stickers issued.

Now my SMC is based on a job offer. The job offer was issued by an organisation which represents the 3 District Health Boards in Auckland region. In my SMC EOI/ITA, I put in the organisation (who made the job offer) as my employer. Now on 2nd thought, it may be incorrect, as my employer is actually the DHBs.

I know my case officer is the best person to ask, but as it is the weekend, I am slightly desperate for answers!

a) In my ITA submission, they do have my Job Offer Letter (which does explain that I am working for the Auckland region DHBs). If there are any amendments required (just the employer name), is it going to be a straightforward case, or does it need more processing/delay my blue sticker issuance?

Thanks for any advice!!

Hello and welcome, and congratulations on your job offer and visa.

I expect you'll get replies from members in the medical profession over the weekend, but I'm sure you're right that you need to talk to your CO. All the best.

I'm sure it's not an issue. What I would do is get an email from your new employer explaining the distinction. Then forward that to your CO.

Thanks a lot for the above!

Got an e-mail from my CO today. He was already aware of that when he read my employer's offer letter initially, and mentioned it wouldn't be a problem.

Hooray!

Excellent!