Thread: Care Assistant jobs?

Default Care Assistant jobs?

Hi, we're in NZ in 2 weeks and ideally I would like to get a care worker job....I have 18 months experience (domiciliary and dementia) and my NVQ2 in health and social care, do you think my experience and qualification will be accepted? And what areas would be best to find this kinda what....should i stick to the bigger cities?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I suspect you have already looked on here, but I have just done a search on seek.co.nz and it came up with 168 jobs in NZ with care assitant as the search critieris.

http://www.seek.co.nz/JobSearch?Date...nt&nation=3001

This will help you identify which employers are looking for people in your sector and then it is down to doing the leg work of contacting them to see if they have anything that suits you.

good luck

Welcome to the forum Stacy

Also try the local District Health Board websites...hospitals pay better and have better working conditions but the jobs are fewer! www.trademe.co.nz also have jobs advertised. Is it mostly elderly care you're interested in as there's always a call for mental health and intellectual disability carers?
    Cheers

Karen

Thanks guys

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

hi stacey i saw ur post and just wanted to confirm how quick it took you to find a job. My husband is a nurse in south africa and he will be coming over in sept to find a job. I justvwanted to confirm how quick did it take you and if you can give us some advise or the agencies that u used. Because his not a registred nurse he would have to settlenfor carers or health assisistance jobs. Can u also confirm what the going rate are.

Appreciate it bev.

Hello.

Stacey hasn't posted on the forum since last August, so may not see your question.

Thanksjandm.
    Do u perhaps know or not your area of expertise. Thanks

Sorry, I've no personal knowledge of this.