Thread: September Weather

Default September Weather

Circumstances here in the UK mean that the boys and I are now going to be moving out of our house mid July but not flying to Auckland until the very end of August. That means whatever I pack in our cases for the flight will be all we have to wear here in August. Do you think UK August clothes (yes, I know it's a very inexact science given our very unpredictable weather) will be suitable for an Auckland September?

Yes, a very inexact science. As long as you have layers you'll be fine. Last year our daughter was in Auckland during August/September and was enjoying weather similar to us here at the time. And if you get stuck, they do have shops

When we got here last August it was quite chilly and even tried to snow, but that was a 60 year event. It was similar to UK in autumn, warm days in the sun but chilly at other times. I managed with a light jacket or single jumper, it was too hot with both. We were in a warmish apartment so no plenty warm inside.

Simon

Hi
    We arrived here in September 2010 and we were OK with August UK clothes. The only advice I can give you is pack a light raincoat, a scarf and a jumper you can wear something under and you should be fine.

Good luck

Thanks for this post. This is a good note to self as we are moving September 1. I would have forgotten a scraf etc. thanks

Depends where in UK you are coming from. Scotland - absolutely, the same clothes will work. South of England, not so much. Probably need another layer... And bear in mind most houses don't have central heating, so a sweater or two will be very useful!

If the weather in the UK stays as it is a raincoat, scarf and a big stack of jumpers will be needed for August here too!

When you arrive, get a fleece blanket that you can wrap round yourself when sitting in one spot indoors.