Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Degrees from two different countries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Degrees from two different countries

    I have degrees from two different countries. Bachelor from a country which is not on the exempt list. Master and PhD from a country which is on the exempt list. Do I still need to have assessment of my bachelor degree from NZQA? The latest degree is of course PhD, which is exempted and hence the final points (60) will be rewarded on my PhD degree.

    Has anyone before got into the same situation? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated in this regard.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008


    Yes, you will need to have your bachelor's degree assessed. Foreign qualifications are accepted in as far as they are comparable to NZ qualifications. In NZ, higher degrees follow on from a broad and solid grounding in the subject, whereas in some foreign countries, it is possible to take a higher degree with a narrow focus, so it's normally required that the earlier stages of learning are also scrutinized.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Auckland, NZ


    You might want to check with your processing branch to clarify this issue. If you have the time, it will be better to go through NZQA for assessment asap in order not to cause delays. I do understand that there are so many gray areas about the requirement for NZQA assessment but it wont hurt to get it sorted if possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts