Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Moving to New Zealand from UK September 2012 - Anyone else?!

Hello and welcome.

Have you got the points to apply under Skilled Migrant?

Moving mid-September to Welly. Packing!

Red face

6 weeks today we set off on our adventure, arriving in New Zealand on 6th October. So excited now! Flat is slowly getting emptier as we pack things away and sell things on, cats are moving house next week, flights booked, WHVs sorted, bank accounts opened and leaving party planned. Anything we've missed??? Am I right in thinking that WHVs are sufficient for shipping goods and renting properties? Thanks x

Anybody can ship property. You may be liable for some duty/tax on your property upon arrival, as, with WHVs, you don't get the immigrant concessions. http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/...s/default.aspx There's no general restriction on who can rent/buy property, but you may find it helpful to have references from people who have rented to you before.

Hi all, we hopefully move to New Plymouth in November (my job starts on Nov 26th) however are waiting for visa's (lodged 16/08/12) that will have an MA referal for me. Have just got our first quote on a container, but nothing booked until we get the thumbs up from the visa people (bit nervous about my start date and the current processing times). My OH and little one may stay on a little longer in the UK to sell assests while I house hunt in NZ.

Hello and welcome.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345