Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to New Zealand from UK September 2012 - Anyone else?!

Default Moving to New Zealand from UK September 2012 - Anyone else?!

Hi

Myself and my husband are moving to New Zealand (Auckland initially) early September on a working holiday VISA!

We just wondered if there was anyone else in a similar situation?! I am very excited!

Not in the same position as you, sadly we are too old for WHV so have to wait for the SMC route, but can understand that you are excited.

Hope you have fun. We plan to be out there at some point next year, either with a job or on reccie looking for a job, so may invite ourselves round for coffee

My husband has been there since Feb this year and our 2 sons and I will be joining him at the end of August! I'm too stressed to be excited right now, but I have my moments We're also going to Auckland - still deciding where abouts we'll live; either North Shore or Rodney somewhere - hubby works in Takapuna.

Currently filling out shippers forms and cleaning things (yes, still cleaning folks!) - got a month before we leave the house, though spending another month after that with family before we actually fly.

We are moving on September 1. We will be in the North Shore as well. Nervous and excited all at the same time. Best of luck to you! We have two young boys 5.5 and 7.5 and they are both very excited about the adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by RejjieM View Post
    My husband has been there since Feb this year and our 2 sons and I will be joining him at the end of August! I'm too stressed to be excited right now, but I have my moments We're also going to Auckland - still deciding where abouts we'll live; either North Shore or Rodney somewhere - hubby works in Takapuna.

Currently filling out shippers forms and cleaning things (yes, still cleaning folks!) - got a month before we leave the house, though spending another month after that with family before we actually fly.

Warkworth (in Rodney) is a charming town. I grew up there and it would be my first choice but a nice home in WW is now out of my price range.

We came over on a WHV in late 2007, not really knowing an awful lot about NZ but just wanting a change of scene after becoming bored in our jobs. If I'm honest, we would have preferred Oz, but I'd already had a WHV for there.

Anyhoooo...turns out we had a blast, fell in love with the place! After almost 4yrs back in the UK our grand plan to come back worked out. Been back here in Welly just over 6wks now!

Let the adventure begin - enjoy every minute!

We are moving from the UK early October. We'll be going to Wellington though and I'll be on a residency visa as hubby is an NZ citizen.

Can't wait. So excited!

I completely get the stressed thing! Such an exciting thing but so much to do and how scary is it all at the same time! I know im going to be really home sick but going to tell myself its a lifetime adventure and its not forever! Its going to come round so fast! Looking forward to spending christmas in the sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G View Post
    Looking forward to spending christmas in the sunshine!
    We got to spend christmas out there last year - we hope the first of many - and whilst it was lovely to be in the sunshine, it is the most bizarre thing I have experienced. Christmas trees and cards, christmas carols, t-shirt and shorts, brain didn't quite comprehend.

We did that the previous Christmas. I have some jokey Christmas jewellery - a brooch like a Christmas tree, and earrings with bells and holly - which I wore on the beach on Christmas afternoon. The younger generation had no idea that the earrings were Christmassy - didn't know what holly is!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast