Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accredited Employer

Default Accredited Employer

Now my turn to start asking questions

I am presuming there is a benefit to getting a job offer from an accredited employer. Basically, I have seen a job in Auckland from an accredited employer, and just wanted to clarify my understanding. I don't want to contact them to discover I have mis-understood my ability to accept an offer of employment (have to keep positive)

Sometimes I read the INZ site and understand exactly what is being said are and other times I read the same thing and it seems as if it has been written in a foreign language. Today, the website is in a foreign language!!

An accredited employer is one who has the right to sponsor you for a WTR visa under the Talent (Accredited Employers) category. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

What is it you're not sure about?

Probably a silly question, but asking anyway.
    Does an offer of a job from an accredited employer have to be a `skilled job?`
    For example, the Warehouse is an accredited employer, could someone get a job offer from them, and be granted a work permit?

Interesting question!
    Accredited employers are employers that we have pre-approved who need skilled or talented workers from overseas.
    It says that here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm, so it's not going to be a job sweeping the floor that will do the trick, and the sweeper isn't going to fulfil the salary requirement, either.

You must have a genuine offer of employment from an accredited employer, for employment that is:

full time (on average, at least 30 hours a week)
    for at least two years
    with an annual base salary of at least NZ$55,000 (gross)
    in the employer’s main business activity, and where they are directly responsible for your output.
    Searching further, the Operational Manual puts it like this.

WR1.10 Requirements for offers of employment

Offers of employment from accredited employers must be:

for employment in New Zealand in the accredited employer's core area of business activity and where the accredited employer will have direct responsibility for their work output; and
    for a period of at least 24 months; and
    for full-time employment, (that is it amounts to, on average, at least 30 hours per week); and
    current at the time of assessing the application and at the time of grant of the visa; and
    genuine; and
    for a position with a minimum base salary of NZ$55,000 per annum; and
    accompanied by evidence of full or provisional registration, or eligibility for such registration, if full or provisional registration is required by law to take up the offer; and
    compliant with all relevant employment law in force in New Zealand.
    I guess it comes down to the amount of the salary, and what you'd consider the Warehouse's 'core area of business activity' to be.

If ones skill is on the Skilled Migrant Category List, does a job offer have to be from an Accredited Employer or can they seek a job from any Employer?
    Thanks
    Janette

Skilled Migrant Category List
    Are you thinking of the list of skilled occupations? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35165.htm

And what visa will you/the applicant be on, or trying to get, at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by JanetteB View Post
    If ones skill is on the Skilled Migrant Category List, does a job offer have to be from an Accredited Employer or can they seek a job from any Employer?
    Thanks
    Janette
    You can definitely apply to any employer, but he might have to go through labour market check to make sure that there are no New Zealanders available for the job you have applied. If your job is on the shortage list, I think you skip the labour market check. On the other hand if you have a job offer from an accredited employer first of all it is sure that he is interested in hiring people from abroad and of course there is the advantage of being able to apply for work to residence visa, meaning that you are eligible to apply for PR after (I think) 2 years

I wish to rephrase my question:
    Must all job offers be from an Accredited Employer. Occupation is on the LTSSL List & will apply under the Skilled Migrant Category (Residence Programme). Occupation is 232611 Urban & Regional Planner.
    Hope my question makes sense

Where will one find the list of accredited employers?

Just google "accredited employers NZ"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast