Thread: Help Please! Does Employer need to advertise the role?

Default Help Please! Does Employer need to advertise the role?

Hi All

I've just submitted my Residency Application and have been assigned a CO but my current working holiday visa is due to expire in August. I'm in full time employment and need to carry on working so I was going to submit an Essential Skills work visa application to cover me.

Normally these applications require that the employer prove they have tried to hire someone within NZ.

The immigration department at a friends company advised her (when she was thinking of doing the same) that they would not have to go through that process if her residency application was lodged. They advised that she would have to submit a working visa application but that there would be no need to advertise the role etc.

Is this true? Its just I can't find anything online to say this is the case, however, the advisor seems to have been right on all other things previously.

Thanks

From what other people have said of what happened to them, INZ sort things out in a situation like yours. You don't need to start initiatives for a different, extra visa unless your CO tells you to.

Normally, if your case is straightforward, they will make Residence come through in time. If a person gets within maybe 4 - 6 weeks of the expiry date of their WHV without news, it's reasonable to ask the CO if they think it's going to be done in time, and/or if there's anything else they should do, at which point the CO will tell them, depending on how they can see the processing is going. They are the experts, and they won't leave you in an illegal position. Also, any extra application would go through the same official who already knows your situation - you wouldn't need to start from the beginning.

Hi

if you have your job listed in essentials skills LTSSL or Short terms list then your company need not advertise the job... if it is NOT then they have to prove that they tried recruiting someone who is a NZ resident or a citizen...

You need to submit work visa appn form along with 'Employee supplementary form" - all your work + study proof documents- $230 inside NZ...

No need to take medicals as you would have done for your residence application...

Cheers

Thanks for your advice
    I'll drop my CO a line and ask his opinion. Unfortunately my position isn't on the LTSSL but, dependent on what my CO says I'll keep my fingers crossed that we don't have to do it.
    Its not a problem for my employer, they're happy to help as they were the ones who asked me to come out here in the first place but it would be preferable for me if it was all straightforward.

I guess nothing worth it is easy!