Thread: After Landing in NZ

Default After Landing in NZ

Hello NZities,

Can somebody explain me what happens next when I land in NZ? I am on SMC visa.

Will they issue a separate visa stamp?
    Do I need to register officially with NZ immigration dept at airport or at another place?
    I don't have any clause in my SMC visa, does it mean I am allowed/permitted to do any type and any kind of work?
    I am landing two weeks before my SMC visa get expired. What steps has to be taken to have smooth entry process ( any documents, photos need to be carried)?

Any advise and help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Will they issue a separate visa stamp?
    No there won't be any visa stamped.

Do I need to register officially with NZ immigration dept at airport or at another place?
    No.

I don't have any clause in my SMC visa, does it mean I am allowed/permitted to do any type and any kind of work?
    Yes

I am landing two weeks before my SMC visa get expired. What steps has to be taken to have smooth entry process ( any documents, photos need to be carried)?
    I don't think you will be asked for any additional documents, its simple and straightforward process.

Thanks Sun77 for the quick reply. Do they just stamp the date of entry? And based on this date, it means that I am allowed to exit and enter NZ multiple times for two years? During this two year period I am on residency visa ?

Yes, just date of entry and that date onwards you will have the initial 2 years residency (with variation of travel conditions) allowing you to enter and leave NZ any no. of times. After 2 years you can apply for Residency Visa (equivalent of IRRV as per old terminology). Hope that helps.

Thanks Sun77.

- NS

After 2 years you can apply for Residency Visa (equivalent of IRRV as per old terminology).
    Slip of the fingers here, Sun - it's Residence he's got. After two years he will be able to apply for PR. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Thanks JandM