Thread: NZDF Army

Default NZDF Army

Hi All,

Just a quick one to find out if there are anyone on this forum that have applied and been given a Offer of Service in the NZDF this year, or in the past year. It would be nice to see how your immigration is going and any other information in regards to moving ect.

All the best,

Regards,

Luke

Not sure about the NZ Army, but a friend applied for a position with the NZ Navy (Administrator position) and was told she had to have lived here for 5 years before she was eligible to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Francoise View Post
    Not sure about the NZ Army, but a friend applied for a position with the NZ Navy (Administrator position) and was told she had to have lived here for 5 years before she was eligible to apply.
    Maybe its changed since then as it says here to be able to apply you must be a NZ citizen or live in NZ permanently, nothing about being here 5 years

http://www.defencecareers.mil.nz/nav.../am-i-eligible

edit update. its a bit misleading but i looked further and despite saying that in above I then came across this under the navy position for an administrator. It seems to differ depending on what job you are applying for

Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:

Low level Security Clearance
    • a NZ citizen who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
    • is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.

If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.

On further search I then found this
    http://www.defencecareers.mil.nz/nav...-administrator

under general requirements it does indeed state that you must have been living in NZ for 5 years so its a bit misleading

Thank you for the above information, but I have been given a job offer in the NZDF. I am trying to find people that have or are going through immigration process ready to join the NZDF. Many Thanks.

Hi,

I'm going though my application or the NZDF at the moment how did you go about getting our visa sorted any advice would be great full.

Cheers