Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland people only wear black clothes ?

Default Auckland people only wear black clothes ?

Hi all !

I just came to know that KIWI,S ( Auckland people) only wear Black color clothes and they hate Asians/Indians for wearing colored clothes.. Is it true What kind a clothes we should carry with us since we are migrating to Auckland in September from Delhi ( India).What is the important things we should carry from India.Please help.

Regards
    Gaurav Kaushik.

I can't imagine where you can have got this story from. NZers, in Auckland or anywhere, wear a huge range of styles and colours of clothes. Have a look here! https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...land+&tbm=isch There is no bad feeling towards Indians specifically because of their clothes. As anywhere, there are some prejudiced people, but it's not for that reason. Auckland being a major population centre, it's very cosmopolitan, with people from all over the world fairly well integrated. I expect other Indian people already in NZ will tell you their experiences.

A thought has just come to me - have you heard someone talking about the All Blacks? The NZ national rugby team wear a black strip, and people in general support the team very strongly, but that's nothing to do with what they wear.

yes ! somebody told me .. i was shocked ..although i have black stuff ..but i was shocked to know that they do not like clothes of other colours .. many thanks Jadm you save my life ...

While this 'someone' of yours might be quite innocently mistaken, it may help to know that many forum members have found that people they are leaving behind when they migrate to NZ often deliberately tell them all kinds of strange things. Sometimes, it sounds as though a friend or family member doesn't want them to go, and is trying to put them off. Other times, it could be that someone who is jealous that they themself haven't had to courage and energy to try anything like this new departure is just trying to give them doubts or make them feel bad. This seems to be a rather unlovely quirk of human nature, and not something we're likely to alter. But meantime, if you hear anything strange, hold back from believing it or getting worried till you've had a chance to check it out.

yeah ..that's what it was shocking and i was very disappointed ... how could this be possible ... that person said .. kiwis are very particular about only black and white clothes and they even don't like blue.. i was shocked.. they said your stock of clothes would b wasted there .. i was in trauma .. what will i do with brand new red/blue jackets.. You really help me..

Quote Originally Posted by kitkats117 View Post
    yeah ..that's what it was shocking and i was very disappointed ... how could this be possible ... that person said .. kiwis are very particular about only black and white clothes and they even don't like blue.. i was shocked.. they said your stock of clothes would b wasted there .. i was in trauma .. what will i do with brand new red/blue jackets.. You really help me..
    There are some colours that I wouldn't recommend wearing in NZ and they just happen to be red and blue.

Ian

Good grief where does this idea come from. I am Kiwi born & bred and never have I heard such nonsense. I have always worn colours, as do most people, I love them, red,blue or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fern49 View Post
    Good grief where does this idea come from. I am Kiwi born & bred and never have I heard such nonsense. I have always worn colours, as do most people, I love them, red,blue or otherwise.
    You may well love the colours red or blue, but there are potential hazards to wearing them...
    The problems begin if you inadvertently go into a gang's "territory" and happen to be wearing the colour of their opponents - such as happened recently in Napier.

A young Maori guy, not associated with gangs in any way, was walking home when set upon by a group that objected to him wearing a red shirt. He was bashed and stabbed and that resulted in him lying in a critical condition in hospital.

In nearby Whakatane, we've had examples of public brawling between gangs and also the targeting of people inadvertently in gang colours. In that town red is a bad colour to put on because of the area's connections with Black Power. Even in daylight people have been abused, threatened and attacked.
    Ian

Not sure where you heard that. sounds like nonsense to me! I have worn all clothes colors including red and blue!

Has it occurred to anyone that Ian may be pulling your (red and blue) leg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast