Thread: Verfications after CO interview ?

Question Verfications after CO interview ?

Hello All,

My first post here

I have applied along with my partner for PR under skilled migrant category. We had our interview at New Delhi branch on 25 June 12.
    Interview went off well, lasted for nearly an hour. Our CO waived the IELTS requirement based on the interview.
    My question is : what verifications are done after the interview? I ask this question because during the NZQA evaluation process, all my
    qualifications were verified and the entire process took nearly 5 months to complete. Will this process be repeated again?

Thanks,
    -prashanth

ps:- My OH and me owe a lot to this forum. We have always come here in case of any doubts and have never gone back without answers
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EOI submitted & selected Sep 2010 ( 150 points w/o job offer )
    ITA submitted Jan 2011
    Applied for NZQA verification Jan 2011
    zzzz....
    Received NZQA report May 2011
    zzzzZZZZ.....
    CO Interview 25 June 2012

Hello and welcome.

Normally, verification after interview is in the form of a 'second person check', where another INZ official looks over the case your CO has decided before the result is communicated to you. This is 1) to check for accidental errors, and 2) as a guard against corruption or the suggestion of it. How long the checking takes varies with time, workload,etc.. The only reason rechecking of qualifications would arise would be if the second-person check appeared to cast any doubts on your own CO's work, and we've never heard of that happening.

Thanks JandM

Just to add to JandM comment before your CO conduct an interview the CO must concluded all the necessary verifications (like Medicals, Qualifications, Work Experience, etc.) and have all the needed results to decide the application. The only verification like JandM said, is like a second opinion where another CO re-visits all aspects of the application and either agrees with your CO or might raise some points.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your response akinsony.

However I'm confused by Jet's query under the thread "What if Verification received no answer", where he has mentioned about his CO writing to him about pending of verification from the university. This has happened after the interview with CO. So verification is done after the interview too?

Thanks,
    -prashanth

I think we could guess that that particular verification is a loose end for the CO in his case - everything else is done and s/he went ahead with the interview despite the one missing factor.

Makes sense. Tx