Thread: UK P/G Prof quals in Psychotherapy/Counselling + CNAA first degree from British Polytechnic in 1989 (now uni

Default UK P/G Prof quals in Psychotherapy/Counselling + CNAA first degree from British Polytechnic in 1989 (now uni

Hi all I've had a look at some previous posts but can't find an answer ...

I have a Doctorate (level 10) which scores me maximum points OK but as my first degree was from the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA) from Oxford Polytechnic (before it became Oxford Brookes after I graduated in 1989), to get extra points for my undergraduate degree so that I can claim for post-graduate professional qualifications as well, do I need to apply to NZQA to assess my first degree? they'll also have to assess my Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling of course (and I'll have to apply for provisional or associate membership of NZ professional bodies in these skilled occupations if I want to get a job in either/if I get a provisional employment offer).

Not sure who to approach first!
    Thanks in anticipation
    Christina

Yes, you will need to get your first degree assessed to make the rest count.

Have you noticed that you need to show INZ that you have registration if it's required for the career you're presenting as your skill, in order to achieve Residence? Therefore, if you have a look at the requirements for registration for the appropriate bodies, you may see what they need from NZQA, and possibly kill several birds with one stone.

Thanks JandM, bird-killing while saving stones is exactly what I'd like to do... I have already had a look at the registration requirements (in brief) so will revisit those. can anyone possibly remind me of the short cut to get to the relevant page/site for the NZQA and apply for assessment? I've got so many bookmarks, open tabs and written notes as well as saved files/pages that it takes me ages to find what I'm looking for amongst them! Thanks again, it's nice to have a quick reply to my first post!

I think sometimes Google is more your friend than a whole index of bookmarks to fight your way through.

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/