Thread: Three year Masters in Computer Application + Three year Bachelor of Science

Default Three year Masters in Computer Application + Three year Bachelor of Science

Hello All
    I have 3 year Bachelor of Science followed by 3 year Masters in Computer Applications. Though my Degree/University is there in the list Exempted by INZ my Certificates was obtained 2 years before the date mentioned by INZ. I'm in the process of Submitting my IQA. Will i be accessed against level 8 or Level 9. From various thread i see mainly masters are awarded Level 8. Is that the case always. Valuable members Please advice.

My MCA got level 8. Good luck to you!

Nobody can tell you the assessment you will get. It depends on the exact content and level of the course that you studied, and your results, so naturally, hardly anyone else will have done exactly the same as you. Other random assessments, even if the name of the course seems to be the same, can't be any guide to what you will have.

My MCA (3 years B.Sc., Computer Science + 3 years MCA) from an Indian university was awarded Level 8. As JandM mentioned, the assessment is based on the course content as during the course of assessment I got to answer a few queries from the assessment officer on the course content.

Thanks All for the inputs. So Looks like i will have to settle with Level 8 only

just got my assessment on MCA as level 8

Yeah, Thats how it is. Very confusing, But this are rules they have defined by taking some ground rules. But i know people from India who has got level 9 for their 2 year Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by sramn View Post
    My MCA (3 years B.Sc., Computer Science + 3 years MCA) from an Indian university was awarded Level 8. As JandM mentioned, the assessment is based on the course content as during the course of assessment I got to answer a few queries from the assessment officer on the course content.
    Hi Sramn,

Can you please share few of the questions asked by the assessment body? as I'm also following under same scenario (B.Sc + MCA). My B.Sc degree is of 2001 and from 2002 same degree is in exempted list. :-(

My B.Sc degree say's: "Bachelor of Science" but my subjects are "Maths, Statistics and Comp. Science" so I'm little worried about the title of my degree. I not sure what IQA will assess as "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of Comp. Science".

Please reply
    Safdar Ali