Thread: Medical requirement if SMC app submitted within 3m of WTR app?

Default Medical requirement if SMC app submitted within 3m of WTR app?

Hello!

New here - what a fantastic forum! It really is great to have so much information and experience to hand.

I have a question I was wondering if anyone can answer (sorry if this should be in the medical section by the way).

We have just (as in this week) submitted my WTR application with my husband applying under the family category. Due to the tight timeframe in which my employer wants me to start (3rd Sep) we didn't have time to apply for PR but are still interested in doing so. I appreciate we can wait the two years and apply under the RFW category but for various reasons I think we would prefer to get our residence position signed and sealed now.

I should qualify to apply under the SMC category but my question is - if we apply while our original medicals are less than 3 months old, can we use the medical that was submitted with our WTR / family applications or we will still need to have them re-done? If we can re-use them, do we need to try and obtain a copy or will they be able to pick the information up from our application number / client number?

Any and all thougts greatfuly received!

Cheers

Hello and welcome.

Administration » A4 Health Requirements » A4.20 Medical and X-ray certificates: residence class visa applications

A4.20 Medical and X-ray certificates: residence class visa applications

Applications for residence class visas must include, at the time the application is lodged, a fully completed Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate (INZ 1007) for every person included in the application. Note: Pregnant women and children under 11 years of age are not required to have an X-ray examination.
    All Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificates must have been issued less than three months before the date the application for a residence class visa is made. (The issue date of a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate is the date of the declaration by the examining physician concerning the overall findings of the medical examination.)
    Despite (a) above, applicants for a residence class visa under the Partnership or Dependent Child Categories (see F2 and F5) do not need to provide a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate if:
    they have provided a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate with an earlier temporary entry class visa application; and
    they were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on that certificate; and
    the certificate was issued less than 24 months prior to the current application.
    Immigration officers may require a further Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate as a basis for determining an application for a residence class visa, if they consider this is necessary to establish whether the applicant has an acceptable standard of health.
    Note: These instructions do not apply to people applying for a permanent resident visa who currently hold resident visas.
    (From the INZ operational manual)

Then there's this. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1121.pdf

How long are medical certificates valid for?
    A Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate or an X-ray Certificate
    for Temporary Entry (and associated reports) must be less
    than three months old at the time you lodge your application.
    However, if you are applying for a temporary entry class
    visa, and you have lodged another application with us
    recently, and you provided a medical certificate with
    your previous application, you may not have to submit
    another certificate. The medical certificate that you
    previously provided must be less than two years old. If
    you are a fee-paying foreign student, or enrolled in a
    Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme, or you are the
    partner or dependent child of a student enrolled in a PhD
    programme, the medical certificate previously provided
    must be less than three years old.
    All this SEEMS to add up to saying that you will need a fresh medical, but that perhaps your husband might get away with the same one. In your shoes, I would ask the CO dealing with your present application, and hope to get lucky - but s/he is the person who can tell you, and who might be able to make things happen.

In cases where people have been able to re-use the same medicals, they didn't need copies. The medicals are in the system and the INZ officials can access them as they need.

To add to the above, some others on the forum have been able to re-use their medicals for PR and others have not. Can't say why exactly? It may have been change of policy, different CO, clear medicals or just shorter timescales etc.

Can say however that the 'fresher' the medical the better so if you want to maximise the possibility, then would submit the EOI ASAP after all you have to wait for it to be selected, reviewed and ITA sent, checked, documents gathered and ITA submitted before the 3 months is up on the original medicals (date they were signed by the doctor).

Ian

Many thanks indeed for the above.

Yes, we'll get our EOI in before the next selection and submit our application submitted asap. Hopefully we should have a CO contact any day now (assuming they bother allocating one for WTR visas) so I'll try and ask them.

Thanks for the feedback!