Thread: ANZSCO "core tasks" question

Default ANZSCO "core tasks" question

Hi!

No idea if anyone can help but thought is worth asking.

Does anyone know what the "core tasks" of each occupation are on the ANZSCO list? This question is not quite as a stupid as it sounds, I'm aware what a "core task" is in principle.

The reason I ask is that my occupation is quite specific - for my sins I’m a tax accountant (yes, I know ). The ANZSCO code for my occupation is 221113 and it is listed on a single page under "UNIT GROUP 2211 ACCOUNTANTS". Below the heading is states "tasks include" and lists about 10 points. Below this it lists 3 "Occupations": 221111 Accountant (General), 221112 Management Accountant, 221113 Taxation Accountant - each of which has a short paragraph describing the occupation and duties undertaken but no specific heading of "tasks".

The thing is that of the 10 or so tasks listed under "tasks" for 2211 ACCOUNTANTS I do very few as I would basically need a 50 hour working day to fit all of that in. Conversely, the duties described under the "221113 Taxation Accountant" bit on the same page describes very accurately what I do.

My question is whether I only need to evidence that I undertake the tasks listed for my specific 'occupation' or whether I need to also evidence that I carry out the majority of the tasks listed under 2211 ACCOUNTANTS?

I notice that as you drill down though the levels, there is a list of "tasks include" for each sub-level which presumably they do not expect people to satisfy as they are too far removed from the actual occupation.

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

You are not required to match all the tasks given for your unit group "Accountants" with your duties/responsibilities, as you have specializations/occupations in every unit group and every occupation may have different tasks and duties. The 10 core tasks in the unit group are a general guideline or general duties carried out by the unit group "Accountants". What you are required to do is, match all your tasks with the tasks mentioned for your occupation, i.e Taxation Accountant, and tell which tasks they go with(match with) in the core tasks.

In a nutshell - Explain your daily responsibilities and tasks in detail/thoroughly (taking a guideline from the tasks in your occupation i.e Taxation Accountant),and match them with as many tasks as possible in the core 10 tasks. Again, you do not have to match all the 10 core tasks, but as many as possible. "What they are really looking for is - that your occupational tasks are RELATED to the core tasks mentioned in the unit group and for your occupation.

Hope this helps.

Hello and welcome. Thanks for this helpful post.

Ah, excellent, many thanks indeed for this, most helpful. I shall get drafting!

Excellent info. To backup what was explained by "dreammerchant", in my case i am a embedded Sw Engr and we applied as an "2334 electronic engineer". As per ANSCO for to fulfill electronic engineers there are 8 different task spec's need to be satified and one among them was "developing embedded software" . i provided the details of my work as a Emb. Sw engr and CO accepted it without any more additional information.