Thread: July 1st - Are there any changes?

Default July 1st - Are there any changes?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is NZ immigration changing their visa's/skill list etc on the 1st July like Australia are?

Cheers

No. Australia and New Zealand are two entirely separate countries, each with their own laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bell123321 View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is NZ immigration changing their visa's/skill list etc on the 1st July like Australia are?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No. Australia and New Zealand are two entirely separate countries, each with their own laws.
    So is that No, NZ immigration are NOT changing their visa's/skill list etc on the 1st July?

Or No, Australia and NZ have separate immigration policies?

Ian

I know they have seperate immigration policies I was just wondering if they update their requirements on the 1st July or at any particular date annually?

Yes, both countries have different immigration policies. ie like UK and France......

I know they have seperate immigration policies I was just wondering if they update their requirements on the 1st July or at any particular date annually?
    No, there is no particular regular time of change.

If you want to know the latest on anything to do with NZ immigration, as ever, look at the INZ website. This page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ormation/news/ always has mention of whatever is current, and will be telling it 'straight', unlike rumour or some items in the media.

(Ian - BOTH your nos, in this instance!)

Hi,

Cheers
    As all mentioned, there are different policies for NZ and OZ. What I have read is, the Visa fees for NZ Immigration is changing and it has upscaled to 16%, more information is available on www.immigration.govt.nz. This hike is applicable from July 2'2012.

Thank you for the link.

In last 2 April 2012, INZ announced that changes to health screening will be applied in late July 2012. They said (Health tests and requirements will be updated to ensure that the latest developments in high-cost health conditions are taken into account).

Check below link:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...lthchanges.htm

I think people who will submit their ITA during July should be careful for this change. For example, if I received my ITA before apply these changes, but submitted my ITA with medical tests after these changes applied, and there were changes in medical tests and forms, so what are the impacts?

Please JandM, do you have any idea?

Usually with INZ, the rules that were in force at the time an application is received and entered into the system continue to apply to it - known as the 'grandfather effect'. But the particular situation you describe is difficult to imagine in general. There are many possible individual variations, depending on what each person's individual circumstances are.

I notice that, apart from the one clause you mention (and that is ambiguous since it could help some people), the other changes mentioned at that link are actually relaxing the rules for medicals.