Thread: Converting casual work hours to fulltime work in SMC application

Default Converting casual work hours to fulltime work in SMC application

Dear Forumites,

I need you help in the following matter:

I have taught at my university under multiple, casual 'semester only' contracts with variable hours. I have created a spreadsheet showing fortnightly hours of work that I clocked over the year, backed up by my payslips. I have taken the average of hours worked over a semester, and then converted it into equivalent full time work; E.g., I have counted an average of 15 hours of work over a semester comprising of three months as equivalent to 1.5 months of full time work. This is a big source of worry for me as there is a lot of payslip working-hour data which I am trying to summarize in MS Excel and presenting in as user-friendly way as possible to the CO. But I am sure it will confound my CO! My university's HR deptt has only provided a general letter stating that I have worked at the uni with payslips as suggested evidence.

Those in a situation similar to mine, what did you do to show your experience?

Cheers

G

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhara View Post
    I am trying to summarize in MS Excel and presenting in as user-friendly way as possible to the CO.
    Can you put that into Word document rather than excel? I'm not so sure but I see some of my business users confused with excel at work place, also sometimes the attachments are flagged as spam/virus prone. Don't forget to put cover letter to describe the summary/details you have produced and how it tallies to university letter.