Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog from US to NZ- Anyone other that IPT worth checking?

Default Dog from US to NZ- Anyone other that IPT worth checking?

We have contacted IPT for a quote. Any other companies worth checking as an alternative/competitor?

I used them and have no complaints.

I will be using IPT as well. I checked with several others but they seemed so totally disorganized on the process of getting me a quote, I couldn't imagine entrusting them with my sweet boy for international travel.

So far, I have really loved IPT, they are awesome!

We're planning on moving from CO to NZ in the near future (or as soon as the house sells). We've contacted Jet Pets and IPT, both out of LAX. Can't remember if there was much difference in price.

I used IPT for my cat in 2008. There was a problem with my paperwork, and they helped me get an extension for my import permit. They know what they're doing, so I would definitely recommend them.

Oh yeah, and when the other guys did get me a quote, it was not itemized, was just a random number thrown into an email message, and was $400 more than IPT's estimate (including some of the optional vet work).

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Hopefully our pug will be enjoying Wellington's winds this fall.

Funny thing is that Welly has the perfect weather for her. We might find it a bit cool and windy, but perfect for a pug.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Another satisfied IPT customer. They walked me through step-by-step and are great at scheduling the final month when everything goes mental! They also offer you the chance to do some stuff yourselves or have them do it. This obviously impacts the costs. Even if you do everything yourself, they'll still hold your hand through the process.

My one complaint about them was that they weren't very communicative throughout our pooch's journey. We'd had to leave her behind as we were in a rush to get here and hadn't had the titer test done early enough. So a friend looked after her for 2.5 months and we felt a little helpless. I'd asked IPT to keep me posted on each stage of her journey, including when she landed in NZ and had been picked up by quarantine. I never heard from them after she'd been checked in at LAX, except to get a bill adjustment of course!

Quote Originally Posted by tk1 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's feedback. Hopefully our pug will be enjoying Wellington's winds this fall.

Funny thing is that Welly has the perfect weather for her. We might find it a bit cool and windy, but perfect for a pug.
    We're moving with our pug as well! And to Wellington. When are you going?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi. View Post
    We're moving with our pug as well! And to Wellington. When are you going?
    We are hoping to arrive the first week in September. Let us know when you get in town.

Does your pug like to roll in the wind, or is that particular to ours?
    Last edited by tk1; 7th July 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast