Thread: campervan with family

Default campervan with family

Has anyone spent time in a campervan with the wife and two teenage daughters and lived to tell the tale !

Our first trip to New Zealand was to see the country and get a bit of a feeling for it. We hired the biggest campervan available,with four children, at that time 9, 12, 13 and 14.
    We very much enjoyed the experience, although it was only a two week trip. We did a huge amount of driving around, to cover most of the North Island, so spent lots of time actually in the campervan. As you can see, we survived, without scars, as far as I can tell, but to stay happy for a longer time there would need to be more breaks. For us it really was a big adventure, we had never had a holiday like that before, so very exciting!

We survived 3 weeks recce trip around North island with hubby and I, and 2 boys 4/6. I think we were ready to get as far away from each other at the end of it but for the most part we had an awesome trip and we all have great memories from it. It worked as my family (I had been here before) fell in love with NZ and now here we are.

Just get a larger one with 2 living/table areas.