Thread: Xray Film - Do we include this on the documents that we need to send?

Default Xray Film - Do we include this on the documents that we need to send?

Hello,

Im currently applying for a SFV and this may be a silly question but I just want to make sure I don't miss anything.. Do we need to include the Xray film along with the medical and Xray certificates?

Thanks very much!

Yes, you need to send the X-ray Film to INZ for verification along with Medical Forms and Xray Forms

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    Yes, you need to send the X-ray Film to INZ for verification along with Medical Forms and Xray Forms
    It actually depends...
    If there are no abnormalities noted on the radiologist’s report you do not need to submit the film to Immigration New Zealand.
    Ian

Source:http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1007.pdf

"When do I submit my medical certificate?
    Your medical certificate must be lodged within three
    months from the date the medical examiner signs it.
    Submit your completed certificate, including chest X-ray
    and laboratory results, with your application."

Source : http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...vember2010.pdf

"INZ requires that the identifying details of the person having the chest X-ray examination are embedded in the X-ray film."

So I do not see this optional anywhere , expect for countries & medical centre where INZ has pre-approved to send the digital x-ray from medical centre directly to INZ, eliminating the need for physical x-ray films

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    Source:http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1007.pdf

"When do I submit my medical certificate?
    Your medical certificate must be lodged within three
    months from the date the medical examiner signs it.
    Submit your completed certificate, including chest X-ray
    and laboratory results, with your application."
    The key word is 'result' as we see in section K of this form

'Section K Results of chest X-ray examination
    This section must be completed in full by the radiologist. Answer all of the questions. Please print or write clearly.
    Illegible forms will be returned for clarification. Please use a black pen. Please answer all questions in English.
    Where abnormalities are present, the radiologist must provide details and comments in the space provided.
    Where abnormalities are present, the X-ray film must accompany the certificate.
    The radiologist’s report must be attached to this certificate and both returned to the medical examiner.
    '

So when there are no abnormalities, it is not necessary to submit.

I agree with ralf-nz. I took my x-rays with my application in person: they are not interested UNLESS there is something referred to which would mean they needed the x-ray to assess themselves.

However- you must still keep the x-rays, there have been cases apparently when the MA has eventually requested these having looked through the notes and the people concerned had thrown them!

Ta,

Eliot

I hope you don't need to include the actual x-rays as we weren't even given the x-ray films back. We just got the forms and a letter from the radiologist stating no abnpormalities. We were quite disapointed as we wanted to see what we looked like and have something to show for all the money we spent!!

Our CO asked us to keep the xray and just send the Medical results (she also mentioned to keep the xray safely just in case MA would be interested to see it)

First time round we got to keep them and didn't send them with the application. Second time we did the medicals online and didn't get the actual X-rays back.
    (we still have the x-rays, seem a funny thing to throw away, but I have no idea why I have kept them and brought them to NZ with us...)

Ok Thank You all for the info!