Thread: Flight travel insurance only UK to NZ one way- OVER 65's.

Smile Flight travel insurance only UK to NZ one way- OVER 65's.

I just want to cover the flight UK to NZ via Singapore but not leaving the airport, just staying in the airport hotel air side for about 15 hours. Having difficulty finding cover as both myself and my OH are 65 and 66. I just want the flight covered and the time spent in Singapore airport We are emigrating and have residency in New Zealand so once we get there we will be covered. Has anyone else over 65 had this problem?

The Post Office do one-way insurance fairly reasonably. I checked about 2 months ago as we are in the same position as you and are hopefully flying out in Sep, or as soon as we get a tenant for our house here.

The quote was £82 for 3 days (we wanted to cover any possible delays) You may get it cheaper as we are 71 and 78 yrs.The quote to insure any existing conditions was another £60. It sounds expensive but we have previously paid several hundred pounds!!! Southern Cross will do one way NZ - UK but only if you have residency so will use them to return to UK.

Have you booked your flight yet? We can't believe it is happening at last!

Have you tried Insure and Go? I'm not sure if they are any better than others for over 65s but they are (were when left UK a couple of years back) better for people who have ever had cancer. So maybe if they are more enlightened about that they'll be more enlightened about age. They certainly do 'one way' as we used them for our trip over here, including a long road trip across the states on the way. It's not advertised on their website but if you phone and talk to them you might have some luck.

Another company to try is Go Walkabout.

You can also add a couple of days cover on arrival with some policies which covers your belongings while you find your feet and before you get your own insurance sorted out Down Under.