Thread: Taxi cost

Default Taxi cost

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to hire a taxi to go from Christchurch Airport to Blenheim (it'd have to be a minibus, I'd imagine as it would be 2 adults and 3 children plus LOTS of luggage)

Or- would we be better off hiring a big car and driving there ourselves?

Ta,

Eliot

Hi Eliot, its about a 4hr drive from Christchurch to Blenheim, so you probably don't want to pay that kind of taxi fare! There are some bus companies that come up from Christchurch but not aware of any private shuttle service. I would suggest hiring a car or flying up. If you drive, you can take your time, stop in Kaikoura (approx the half-way point), see the seals, have some lunch & avoid the seagulls!!

If you fly, its about 30mins & Blenheim airport is about 10mins from town. Check out grabaseat.co.nz for flight specials.

We are in Blenheim, so if you fancy a coffee or chat when you arrive let us know.

Cheers, Lin.

Yes-decided to hire a van: works out MUCH cheaper (worked out the taxi would be VERY expensive!). I've done that drive before (beautiful!) so shouldn't be too much of a problem, apart from being knackered.

Thanks for the flying tip- worth looking at in future.

May well take you up on your coffee offer

I've only just seen that- definitely second Linda's thoughts! Maybe you could find out if there are any vans/ campers which have to go back to Picton to a rental outlet there (or Blenheim), that might be a really cheap option?