Thread: Edinburgh Shipping Companies

Default Edinburgh Shipping Companies

Hi There,

Just wondered what peoples experiences of the shipping companies who's offices/depots are based out of Edinburgh or sounding area. I'd seen the pictures shoddy service Edinburgh Pickfords gave to Sandy888 which puts us off them somewhat. We're still early on in our journey so plenty of planning time with an aim to sell up august next year. We have a 3 bed semi 2 adults 2 kids (<4 yr old) so I'm estimating a 20 ft container as I think most of our stuff can return to it's flat packed state.

Thanks

Jenny

We used Clarke and Rose from Stirling in Jan 2010. Our experience with them was very positive despite our moving in atrocious weather conditions.
    Good luck with everything.

We were based in just outside Stirling and used PSS who gave a brilliant service. Although not Edinburgh based, they travel the UK doing specific export packing, which is done to a completely different standard than your normal house move.

Pickfords did not even make our short list. Have used them twice domestically. First time brilliant, second time awful...so did not give them the opportunity.

As has been said many times you go with your gut feel, so get three or so to quote and then see how you feel.

Important considerations

Can they pack the container and seal at your house? You then have complete visibility of the process. If based in Edinburgh you will probably ship out of Grangemouth.
    Openness about the charges from MAF and what us involved this side.
    What they are willing to take? Some people are told no out door stuff etc. but we cleaned and took everything.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Mamee & Co; 7th July 2012 at 03:09 PM.