Thread: phd in nz at domestic rate

Talking phd in nz at domestic rate

so i guess only a few knew this and most are planning to take courses at international rate. jut my two cents, phd is another good option. so im eligible to take it, my questions are:
    1. assuming i would earn myself the fees for next school year, which is around 5000-6000+ nzd..will i be able to earn it while being a working student?i am fully aware that i will be given a student visa which allows 20-hour part-time work every week, and unlimited every scheduled holiday/school break.
    2. i am willing to take any work hoping it will not affect my studies..is it that hard in finding a job?
    3. what about the other fees that i must pay apart from the tuition in my phd course?
    4. will my partner be granted of an open work visa while i am taking this post-graduate course?
    5. where is the cheapest university where one can enrol too?
    6. is it possible to enrol in another course and have again the domestic status rate?
    7. as to the living costs, where should i consider living? i believe auckland has high standards of living

Just some random thoughts.....I would think it hard to actually work the 20 hours plus maybe full time during the holidays and still concentrate on your studies.
    You will compete with all the other students out there finding a job, it is probably not impossible, but not super- easy, either.
    As far as I know all universities have similar fees, and you need to pay upfront.
    Only post- graduate courses are eligible for domestic rates as an International Student. In 2005, when the changes were made, the partner was awarded an open work visa for the duration of the student visa (again, only post- graduate), but I don't know if that is still the same.
    Auckland would probably be the most expensive city to live in, apart from Wellington.

Hello and welcome.