Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graduate in Economics wants to Emigrate in Nz

Default Graduate in Economics wants to Emigrate in Nz

Goodmorning Everyone,

I'm Fabrizio Bertoglio, a 25 years old (from few days) Master Graduate in Economics, Business Administration, Major Accounting.

I'm searching for a job, adventure and thinking about emigrating to Nz. In Italy Youth unemployment rate is 36.5%, I haven't found a job after three months research and I'm thinking about an International Experience abroad that could become permanent.

My carrer in Italy should be as Chartered Accountant or Auditor, Internal and External Auditors are within the skilled migrant category and my future profession (Internal/External Auditor) is in the long term skill shortage, but i don't fullfill all requirements, as follow:

Requirements

External Auditor: Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in accountancy or Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (Level 7) WHICH I FULLFILL WITH MASTER'S DEGREE LEVEL 9

AND membership or provisional membership with the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants AND at least one year relevant experience I DON'T, I HAVE 2 MONTHS EXPERIENCE IN AN EXTERNAL AUDITOR OFFICE

Internal Auditor: Certified Internal Auditor qualification I DON'T
    In the visa application I get 140 points, I speak 3 languages (Fluent Italian, English and basic Spanish which I'm improving), I'm flexible and would do any job, but mainly would like to be independent from my family and leave a normal standard life.

The planning is starting just now and I need tips and advices

Thanks
    Best Regards

Following i attach my CV
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Curriculum Vitae

Personal information

First name(s) / Surname(s) Fabrizio Bertoglio
    Nationality Italian
    Gender Male

Desired employment / Occupational field
    Accounting; Administration; Finance; Audit; Consulting

Education and training

Dates
    08/01/2010 - 26/03/2012

Title of qualification awarded
    Master of Science - Business Administration, Major Accounting 100/110

Principal subjects / occupational skills covered
    Financial Statement, Consolidated Financial Statements, National and International Accounting Standards, Financial Planning and Management, Accounting for Financial Instruments.

Name and type of organisation providing education and training
    University of Turin (Faculty of Economics) C.so Unione Sovietica 218/bis, 10134 Turin (Italy)

Dates
    21/10/2006 - 19/11/2009

Title of qualification awarded
    Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration, Major Marketing, 101/110

Principal subjects / occupational skills covered
    Accounting, Economics, Mathematics for Finance, Marketing

Name and type of organisation providing education and training
    University of Turin (Faculty of Economics); C.so Unione Sovietica 218/bis, 10134 Turin (Italy)

Level in national or international classification
    Bachelor's Degree

Work experience

Dates
    04/04/2011 - 10/06/2011

Occupation or position held
    Internship

Main activities and responsibilities
    Accounting, importing and processing client data within the Management Information System

Name and address of employer
    Dr. Cartered Accountant, Auditor Cataldo Caputo
    Via Bergandi n. 25, 10035 Mazzè (To) (Italy)

Type of business or sector
    Administrative and support service activities

Personal skills and competences

Language(s)

Italian Fluent
    English Fluent
    Spanish Elementary

Social skills and competences
    I am an open minded, friendly, social person which made several International experiences abroad:
    • One month English language courses in the United States and twice in the UK (2003; 2004; 2005)
    • Nine months in Finland under Erasmus Exchange Project (2008)
    • The third year of Bachelor’s Degree in the Business Administration English Version class at the University of Turin (2009)
    • One month Spanish language course in Spain (2009)
    My personal features and competences are:
    • Honest
    • Sociable
    • Open minded as I appreciate feedback, judgment and aim to improve myself. I value other people ideas as an interesting insight.

Organisational skills and competences
    My organizational skills are:
    • Individual management and self organization.
    • Personal accountability and liability in individual and group assignment
    • Enterprising, dynamic and proactive.
    • I enjoy team working as a learning and social experience.

Technical skills and competences
    I’ve successfully ended my Master of Science Business Administration (Major Finance/Accounting) the 26th of March 2012, with timing, full grades 100/110 and a thesis on Consolidated Financial Statements “Joint Ventures, an empirical study on their organizational and accounting features under IAS/IFRS”.
    I’m specialized in the following subject:
    • Accounting, Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements
    • National and International Accounting Standards
    • Management Control
    • Main knowledge of Economics, Mathematics for Finance and others subjects
    I developed the following skills in my Bachelor’s, Master degree and internship in the office Accounting S.a.s.:
    • Expert knowledge of Excel, Word 2007/10 and Windows 7
    • Good knowledge of Management Information Systems (SISTEMI)
    • Preparation of Annual Account and Financial Reporting
    • Fluent English, elementary knowledge of Spanish that I’m improving
    • Problem Solving abilities
    • Persistence, pliability and concentration when working

Additional information
    PERSONAL INTERESTS
    I enjoy reading, especially thriller and history books, swimming, running and skiing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    Last edited by fabri_ber; 9th July 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Hello and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    Thanks, any suggestion for newly graduate on the subject?

Have you looked at the possibility of a Working Holiday Visa (WHV)?

That would be much easier, quicker and cheaper than other visas.

Good luck with your plans,

Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    Have you looked at the possibility of a Working Holiday Visa (WHV)?

That would be much easier, quicker and cheaper than other visas.
    I agree.

Though you say you have 140 points, I think this means an EOI is automatically selected for ITA. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rant/overview/

Sorry if this will perhaps be depressing...

Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in accountancy or Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (Level 7) WHICH I FULLFILL WITH MASTER'S DEGREE LEVEL 9
    I notice this in your introduction. However, many other forum members have found that when the ANZSCO listing specifies a particular level, it MEANS that level only - a higher one will not do. Perhaps your bachelor's degree would meet the case. You need to check whether it is on the list exempt from assessment, or whether you need an NZQA assessment.

I presume that when you say you have 140 points, you are taking it that you will get the points for your qualifications in a career on the LTSSL? But unless you meet the criteria fully, points will be deducted.

Hello!

P

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry if this will perhaps be depressing...

I notice this in your introduction. However, many other forum members have found that when the ANZSCO listing specifies a particular level, it MEANS that level only - a higher one will not do. Perhaps your bachelor's degree would meet the case. You need to check whether it is on the list exempt from assessment, or whether you need an NZQA assessment.

I presume that when you say you have 140 points, you are taking it that you will get the points for your qualifications in a career on the LTSSL? But unless you meet the criteria fully, points will be deducted.
    Thanks everybody for replying, You're helping a lot.

I try to be brief:

1) Both my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees are exempts from assessment, I already checked, years, university and type of education program are exempt.

2) Then I made a mistake calculating my points at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

I have Bachelor's and Master's Degree in the List exempts from assessment, but not my High School Diploma (there isn't even a list). So I don't have qualification level 3,4,5 and that means i score 90 instead of 140.

Is it right answering the following questions like this?

Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 7 or 8) Bachelor's Degree Level 7 Yes
    Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 3,4,5,6) I didn't find a list of diplomas exempts from assessment, so NO; but if I pay around 100 euro it will get assessed and maybe get the points of my high school diploma ?
    Did you begin your study for level 3, 4, 5 or 6 recognised qualification on or before 24 July 2011? YES if Assessed but NO if my diploma is not assessed or recognized
    Do you have a recognised post-graduate qualification? YES my Master Degree level 9

I'm doing this previously coming to the country because I want to understand my chances of staying there in the long term.

3) My best career choice would be Internal / External Auditing as It's in the LTSSL and it's on my career path (i have a bachelor and master in accounting)

The best way to do that is becoming a CA or ACA in NZICA.
    For becoming CA overseas qualification are recognized, but 6 exam may be taken in NZ

Hear the list and you can get the file at http://www.nzica.com/CApathway.aspx
    Advanced financial accounting
    Advanced management accounting
    Auditing and assurance
    Taxation NZ
    Business Finance/treasury
    Nz commercial Law

I could do a short master for getting those exams, then start my working apprenticeship. The point is If there is one and if the university after the master will help me start my apprenticeship ? as at that point after the money invested in education I need certainty that I start working for becoming CA?

Which kind of visa should i do for that? becoming CA as i undestand takes 3 years.

Because i read in http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/stu...tions~213.html

So if I do 3 year of Education in Nz i can get visa for 3 years to become Ca, and then i get in the LTSSL category Internal/External Auditor and get visa as skilled migrant, in 7 years you get residence.

Can i do the same with a 1 year master in nz that may involve firs 6 months of study where i get those 6 exams and then practical work for other 6 months. In Italy sometimes we have those.

??

Thanks

Again I am bringing bad news, I'm afraid.

You need to notice this note to SM14.10 of the INZ operational manual.

Note: Points for recognised qualifications are not cumulative. A principal applicant may qualify for only 40, 50, or 60 points. For example, if an applicant has two level nine qualifications on the NZQF they may still only qualify for 60 points.
    Rather than only looking at the Points Indicator on the INZ main website, it would perhaps be helpful to you to study the INZ operational manual. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ If you look at Residence, then the Skilled Migrant Category, all the different pages explain in detail how you can qualify for points in the different sections.

I'll repeat my WHV suggestion. To be honest, I think that sounds like your best option at this stage.

Daniela

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast