Thread: If EOI submitted whilst in the UK, will ITA need to be filed in London?

Default If EOI submitted whilst in the UK, will ITA need to be filed in London?

Hi.

Does anyone know whether you can submitt the EOI whilst in the UK (and without NZ address yet) and then submitt your ITA to a NZ branch? Or if London issues the ITA, are we stuck applying there?

We are in the process of applying for a WTR visa (already lodged, no news yet) but want to get the ball rolling on our SMC application so this can tick away in the background. Our plan was to get the EOI in today but wait to file our ITA until we land on the ground in Wellington (or courier on a week or so ahead). The logic being (a) it is cheaper to apply to an NZ office and (b) it saves sending stuff back and forth from NZ to the UK as all being well, we will be in Wellington by the end of August. If they wanted us to attend an interview in the UK we wold be really stuck.

Any and all thoughts greatfully received!

Cheers

I believe you get assigned to a branch office based on where you are residing. If you are currently in the UK you will get assigned to the London office, but your case should get transferred once you are residing in New Zealand. I don't think there is any way to determine when the case gets transferred and depending on timing you could end up submitting to the UK. Just another of those immigration things that are out of our control

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I'm not sure that's the case Azkateaz. I know a forum member who applied for SMC via the London branch and moved to NZ on a work visa in the meantime. Their case was not transferred to NZ. However they may have already submitted their ITA when they moved, which might have prevented the transfer. But I can't remember the exact order of events.

trundlebunny - it would be worth an email to the London branch to get their take on it.

I definitely could have gotten that wrong Manks. I had seen it mentioned several times here on the forum like on post #213 in this thread http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28889&page=22

Maybe someone who has done this (or not been able to do this) could weigh in.

Many thanks both, I'll get in touch with INZ and report back.

Manks - when you say email London, do you mean the eoiteam@dol.govt.nz address or is there another one? I can't see an email address for London on the website?

Cheers!

Ha, just noticed we are all bound for Welly!

FYI, have spoken with London and no, even if we are living in NZ when we submit the ITA, it still needs to go to London. INZ may decide to transfer the case to NZ but it is entirely at their discretion (aparently). Ho hum, there goes an extra 300.