Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: EOI Selected July 11th - UK

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41

    Default EOI Selected July 11th - UK

    Hi,

    I found similar threads useful as we approached this point so I thought I do one as well.

    We're in the UK - Extreme North-West Shropshire to be precise - We submitted our EOI with 180 points (all my other half's (I got bu&&er all points - I should have worked harder at school!)) with a job offer (again, my other halfs - surprise surprise) on the 3rd of July.

    We just got selected from todays draw

    I'll post more as it happens...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    China
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Congratulations, seems that those without job offer and lower than 140 do not get chances at all recently.
    mine 130 points (without offer) got no luck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Hi!

    We were also selected last night - 175 points with a job offer (have a WTR application working through the system at the moment too). EOI submitted yesterday lunchtime.

    We're in the UK (Cambridge) and will hopefully be arriving in Wellington at the start of September (subject to the dreaded MA referral on my husband's application - oh the joys). SMC app will tick over in the background.

    Will update as and when!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    World
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy2NZ View Post
    Congratulations, seems that those without job offer and lower than 140 do not get chances at all recently.
    mine 130 points (without offer) got no luck.

    I also claimed 130 points and my EOI selected 13 June 2012. Actually you can't know what will happen in future.

    I just want to say, don't lose hope. If you checked selections happened during 2012, you will find that you have chance. Starting from this year, people with 130 points and without job offer were selected 5 times. Also I noticed that during last June and July 2011, there was demand on submit EOIs, and this demand reduced on August 2011. Hope this will happen this year and be selected on next selection.

    Good Luck
    Last edited by bharasheh; 12th July 2012 at 02:01 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    China
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharasheh View Post
    I also claimed 130 points and my EOI selected 13 June 2012. Actually you can't know what will happen in future.

    I just want to say, don't lose hope. If you checked selections happened during 2012, you will find that you have chance. Starting from this year, people with 130 points and without job offer were selected 5 times. Also I noticed that during last June and July 2011, there was demand on submit EOIs, and this demand reduced on August 2011. Hope this will happen this year and be selected on next selection.

    Good Luck
    Thank you bharasheh, yes I did check the history in 2nd half of 2011 and am hoping same thing happen again later this year.
    But I do feel this year the door is not that wider.
    I am expecting to be selected before end of Oct, so just wait and see.

    congratulations on your ITA and good luck with rest of the journey.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    6

    Default

    selected too...
    hoping for a smooth ride ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hi Beyond_street,
    How did you get job offer? How much time it took for the offer? Which field? Could you share your experience of job hunting?
    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Syria>>KSA>>Auckland in 2014
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Hi;
    I have 150 points without job offer and I was selected today.....Thank God...I thought it's really easy to be selected but after I read the problems of some guys here, I discovered how much I am lucky.

    I have a question please,
    When could I say that the officer accepted me but wants to be sure of some information ,after I get the invitation or till the last minute before I have the visa stamped on my passport.....???????
    Thank you
    Louay

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    36,087

    Default

    Your EOI has been selected by machine, on the basis of the number of points you say you have.

    Next, officials will look at all the EOIs selected this week, to make sure that IT LOOKS AS THOUGH, with the qualifications listed, those people really have the number of points to be selected. If not, they could be put back in the pool, or refused (for instance, if they turn out to have less than 100 points really). If the officials think all is well, they will send you an ITA. (This can all take some weeks.)

    You send back the ITA, with evidence of everything you said about yourself. Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

    When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

    But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

    So you will not be sure of anything until the end of this process. You will be like everyone else - often thinking about INZ, and worrying, and hoping the time will pass quickly. Good luck.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Syria>>KSA>>Auckland in 2014
    Posts
    148

    Default

    What a person you are!!!! Thank you a lot......I really appreciate you reply....



    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your EOI has been selected by machine, on the basis of the number of points you say you have.

    Next, officials will look at all the EOIs selected this week, to make sure that IT LOOKS AS THOUGH, with the qualifications listed, those people really have the number of points to be selected. If not, they could be put back in the pool, or refused (for instance, if they turn out to have less than 100 points really). If the officials think all is well, they will send you an ITA. (This can all take some weeks.)

    You send back the ITA, with evidence of everything you said about yourself. Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

    When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

    But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

    So you will not be sure of anything until the end of this process. You will be like everyone else - often thinking about INZ, and worrying, and hoping the time will pass quickly. Good luck.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •