Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did you choose New Zealand?

Default Why did you choose New Zealand?

Dear All,

Why did you choose New Zealand? This is the first question usually CO asks in interview.

Please comment and share your thoughts.

Thank you.

But your reason is the important one, could (and most probably is) be completely different from why we choose to come here!

I agree with above poster. Why are you looking at NZ?

Based on the interview questions and suggested answers in this forum, I think there are some common points in the answers though there are differences in answers from different people.

Those common points might be -

Top in the rank of livability, good work and life balance, good place to raise kids, transparent policies in all levels, quality educational system, good GDP per capita income, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by klt View Post
    Based on the interview questions and suggested answers in this forum, I think there are some common points in the answers though there are differences in answers from different people.

Those common points might be -

Top in the rank of livability, good work and life balance, good place to raise kids, transparent policies in all levels, quality educational system, good GDP per capita income, etc...
    I agree with those common points, but further question could come:
    Those points can also be obtained in e.g. Australia, North America, or West Europe. Why NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by keylogger View Post
    Those points can also be obtained in e.g. Australia, North America, or West Europe. Why NZ?
    Deep calling !! I remember immediate question our CO asked was "and what apart from that".

We went by common answers followed by some personal circumstances & natural answers through the conversation.

I'm so glad we never had to see a CO as our answer of "because someone I worked with said we'd like it" wouldn't have gone down too well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Deep calling !! I remember immediate question our CO asked was "and what apart from that".

We went by common answers followed by some personal circumstances & natural answers through the conversation.
    Answer would be because we just love kiwis..and to love there is no reason... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by keylogger View Post
    I agree with those common points, but further question could come:
    Wrong!

I couldn't get a - sufficiently paid - job in Europe. Australian immigration laws were adverse. North America's political climate I don't like

So Aotearoa it was - is and will be!

Quote Originally Posted by klt View Post
    Answer would be because we just love kiwis..and to love there is no reason... :-)
    Sounds good but be prepared to back that answer as CO might instantly throw some googly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast