Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case Officer allocated to Skilled Migrant application for residence

Default Case Officer allocated to Skilled Migrant application for residence

Hello, I have got my case officer allocated to my Skilled Migrant application for residence on the 06/07/2012 and she has mentioned that she is currently reviewing the application and will be in contact with me shortly if required.

I would like to know if anyone knows how long does it usually takes after you have your case officer allocated untill you get the approval. My branch is the Wellington one.

Thanks a lot and regards,

Mario

Hello and welcome.

There is no 'usually' about it. Getting your case processed takes as long as it takes, because people's situations, qualifications, health, etc., are all so personal to them, and everything has to be checked, so what happens to somebody else is not any reliable guide to what you can expect.

Here is INZ Wellington's processing times page. You will see they are very frank about the fact that an individual case may take longer than the average. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

Default Thanks

thank you very much for your quick reply... I am just hoping it can be as fast as possible... I had 160 points, had my graduation recognized by NZQA, 6 years of job experienced (letters from previous employers) and I am currently working at IBM NEW ZEALAND.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mario

Be prepared for the fact that INZ won't hurry with your Residence application. Many people have noticed that, since they're already in NZ, working, on a visa, INZ seem to think the person is okay for the moment, which of course doesn't take any account of the fact that your nerves are on edge and you want it all to be finished with! If someone in those circumstances gets to within one month of the expiry of their present visa, and writes in to say so, everything gets sorted out VERY fast.

Thanks once again.... I just hope it goes as fast as possible, because my wife really needs the residence so she can keep on studying and do not miss the next semester of Uni.

regards

Have you pointed out to your Case Officer that your wife's position depends on this? The CO may take that as a reason to hurry, or may be able to suggest a different visa that your wife could obtain in the meantime. What visa is she on at the moment?

At the moment she has got a work visa based on partnership, so she is not studying. Do you think I should mention to the CO that her studies are depending on the Residence to come up so she can go back to school? thanks a lot and regards,

Mario

and thank you once again!

hi mario

hope u get ur pr,coz i know it is that period where u have to cope with lot of mental pressure (includes work also)family commitments ,kids,parents,parents.i do have 175 pts (not sure or cnt remember)coz i have seen job, employer does matter.companies like xyz(i mean multinational get favour in a way)(cases get thru real fast ,i can say prefrence)at the end of the i agree JAND M ,people here in nz legally living (visa status) shuld just concentrate on work.rest if ur destiny is here u live live here.enoy life in nz

Quote Originally Posted by marioforni View Post
    At the moment she has got a work visa based on partnership, so she is not studying. Do you think I should mention to the CO that her studies are depending on the Residence to come up so she can go back to school? thanks a lot and regards,

Mario
    You would be quite within your rights to tell the CO that your wife has a partner-sponsored work visa at the moment, and of course she is a secondary applicant on your residence application. She has a place to study x at y university, starting on such and such a date - of course, she can't do that on the work visa, so is it likely the Residence will be through in time? If not, can the CO suggest another visa she could apply for to allow her to start her course? Putting things that way round sounds quite 'gentle', not as if you're being pushy - although of course, you're hoping the push works!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast