Thread: Very Urgent

Default Very Urgent

Hi:

I have a question which deprived me from sleeping since 2 days ago. 2 days ago I read that the medical examination of NZ is too difficult and precise.
    I am overweight. I don't think I have any problem in blood pressure or a high rate in cholesterol. My BMI is 37 or a little bit more. Would that cause me a problem???? What are the things the immigration CO looks for in medical examination???

Thank you a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Hi:

I have a question which deprived me from sleeping since 2 days ago. 2 days ago I read that the medical examination of NZ is too difficult and precise.
    I am overweight. I don't think I have any problem in blood pressure or a high rate in cholesterol. My IBM is 37 or a little bit more. Would that cause me a problem???? What are the things the immigration CO looks for in medical examination???

Thank you a lot
    Where did you read that the medical was too difficult and precise? And why wouldn't it be precise?

If your BMI is above 35 then expect it to cause you delays in getting a visa, it is certainly not unheard of on this forum that people above 35 have had their visa application suspended until they get their BMI down to 35 or below.

Having a high BMI has a lot more health implications that just high blood pressure or cholesterol.

Ian

Dear brother,
    Do you mean that Having a high BMI and high blood pressure or cholesterol will need more medical test but won't prevent me from getting the visa?????

I really appreciate your reply.

I would not say the medical is difficult. Neither is it easy but its there for a purpose to ensure that you are not going to cost the country more than $25000 in medical costs.As regards your BMI you can work at it to get it down but they will need to check this out .Anyone whose results are outside the norm will be referred to the medical assessor. Its normal practice which many have gone through here and got through. Check here re a BMI chart
    http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Start exercising and I would imagine if your BMI is too high they may delay your visa and then see if you can get it down. Also watch what you are eating. The medical was actually easy, it was the paperwork that was hard!!!!
    Good luck.

BMI !! Its one really annoying hurdle especially when you feel healthy & results say the same but there were concerns from our CO that it might be issue on a long term, here are some tips on this thread, check one with attachment which has few good suggestions & in general all other responses.

You will need to lose some weight. And your waist measurement can't exceed 102cm--less if you're South Asian.

It's a very rigorous medical compared to Australia or Canada.