Thread: Can i get a Essential Skills work visa without paper qualitifications ?

Default Can i get a Essential Skills work visa without paper qualitifications ?

Hi All

Finally able to post ...

Heres the story

I am being reassigned to work in the Auckland branch of my Company for a period of about 6 - 12 months. I have worked in this company for about 5 - 6 years.

My colleagues sent me list of document to be filled and one of them includes providing m qualifications which i dont have. I have not graduated from any University and hold a high school GCE O Level certificate. I m now worried that my application might not go through. However i do have 6 or more years of experience in my field of work which falls into the essential skills scope

Would this help ?

I do not intend to apply for PR in New Zealand or wish to find other work once i arrive since i already have a job offer from a company i have worked with for the past 6 years. Once my stint of about 6 months - 1 year in Auckland is over, i / they intend to send me back to my home country.

My job offer is below

Annual Salary - $133,000 including bonus
    Housing Allowance - $18,000 per Annum

Many thanks in advance

For this salary you are obviously really good at what you do, regardless of your lack of official qualifications. Is your company an accredited employer with NZ immigration? If so, perhaps the Work to Residence accredited employer (Talent) visa is a possibility? This is valid for a limited period. There is alist of accredited employers on the NZ immigration site.
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by girlwithanewf View Post
    For this salary you are obviously really good at what you do, regardless of your lack of official qualifications. Is your company an accredited employer with NZ immigration? If so, perhaps the Work to Residence accredited employer (Talent) visa is a possibility? This is valid for a limited period. There is alist of accredited employers on the NZ immigration site.
    Best wishes.
    thank you very much for your response .. i m happy and relieved to hear this. i m not sure if my employer is an accredited employer in the NZ immigration list. I will be submitting my documents soon .. perhaps next week and i do hope i can pass this stage ..

I was in NZ for 3 weeks and i loved the place !!! perfect weather perfect air ... except the prices !!! its crazily expensive .. i would not consider living in Auckland until i reach retirement age .. NZ is sooo perfect for this !

Right now i just wanna go there , do my job n get out ..

but thanks .. i hope my bluntness has not touched on any unwanted nerves

cheers

I am surprised that, if your company intends to reassign you, they have not told you about arrangements for a visa. Are you sure that there is not some department that can advise you? Since they have workers already in NZ, they may be well up with the kind of thing that is bothering you.

What is your area of skill?