Thread: PR under skilled Migrant- is spouse automaticaly get the PR.

Default PR under skilled Migrant- is spouse automaticaly get the PR.

Hi All,
    I am about apply for my EOI, I have one question on , SInce I m the Primary applicant, my Wife automatically get the PR status once my ITA is approved or we need to apply separately?
    THank you Dev

If you are successful when applying under the Skilled Migrant Scheme, yes, your wife is part of the application and also gets a visa, so there is no need to apply separately.

But notice, the first visa you receive if successful is now called Residence. A minimum of two years later, you can get Permanent Residence. (INZ changed the names of things as from November 2010, reusing the term 'PR' differently. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm)

Thanks a ton!!! So you mean to say if I am successful then my wife will get the visa and She can also work there as well?
    My Wife is also having over 6 yrs of Experience in ICT as a Developer. So wondering if She can take up any assignment there in NZ with this Visa or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Devashish View Post
    Thanks a ton!!! So you mean to say if I am successful then my wife will get the visa and She can also work there as well?
    My Wife is also having over 6 yrs of Experience in ICT as a Developer. So wondering if She can take up any assignment there in NZ with this Visa or not?
    Your wife will be a NZ resident and be able to take up any job that she wants to, or not work if she prefers.

Ian

Hi,

My case is similar. My wife is the primary applicant and myself the secondary one. It's not automatic though, as I had to prove my English competence (in my case having studied in English through to uni level in the US and here, which was accepted as an alternative to the standard IELTS requirement). I also had to submit my security clearance, i.e., police clearance certificates, as well as my post-grad qualifications so she could get 20 bonus points.

All the best with your visa journey,
    Sabbaq

Both you and your wife apply for residence on one application. The requirements are slightly different for the primary applicant than the secondary applicants. While the main focus is on the Primary Applicant, as Sabbaq mentioned, the Secondary applicants also have requirements that need to be met before the application is approved.
    Shawn

This more cautious wording is correct, of course - but this should show up from the guide that goes with the application form.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you are successful when applying under the Skilled Migrant Scheme, yes, your wife is part of the application and also gets a visa, so there is no need to apply separately.

But notice, the first visa you receive if successful is now called Residence. A minimum of two years later, you can get Permanent Residence. (INZ changed the names of things as from November 2010, reusing the term 'PR' differently. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm)
    Just wondering about the other differences other than one needs RRV and other does not such as schooling for kids, medical services, government taxes etc...

Only the names changed at this time. PR with RRV became Residence with travel conditions - PR with IRRV became PR (which doesn't need travel conditions). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm The change of names on the part of INZ did not change migrants' entitlements in other areas. (It is still possible occasionally to find that other government departments' websites and literature have not been updated to take account of the name-change, but where this has occurred, people have just pointed out the discrepancy and got their rights once it's been checked with supervisors or similar.)