Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its happening!!!

Default Its happening!!!

HI All

Not posted on here for ages as have been mad busy. We are shipping next week and I'm up to my eyes in lists, boxes and Jeyes fluid! Its the little things that are driving me mad, like remembering to pack vacuum bags!!!! Having to divide our clothes to cover the UK summer (what summer?) and NZ winter/spring is also frustrating and I'm having to be really ruthless about what gets shipped and what comes on the plane with us. Veering between wildly excited about the start of our adventure and totally terrified that we are about to make the biggest mistake of our lives!!! This is normal from what you have all said in your posts.

The kids leave school next week and I don't think they really appreciate that they wont be coming back. They are excited and oblivious to the finality of the big move and we are content to leave it that way for now as they are too small to fully grasp what emigrating means. We have been talking to them about it for such a long time that I think they just want us to shut up and get them over there.

We are using Emirates overnight to Dubai and then onto Auckland. From Auckland we head down to Tauranga where my HR dept have fixed us up with a rental for a month. We plan to use this as a base to find somewhere more permanent to rent and at the moment we love the idea of Omokoroa.

Anyone up for a coffee in Tauranga at the end of August give us a shout!

Hope to see some of you soon

Suzanne

I,d meet up with you for a coffee or bottle of wine if i new where Tauranga was.We arrive in Wellington 17th of August with 4 kids.One minute im as high as a kite the next i feel physically sick,thinking what the hell are we doing.Hopefully its as great as everyone says GOOD LUCK.

All the best, and hang in there. ((()))

Was wondering where you had disappeared to

Glad to hear it is all going ahead okay and that you are now on the final leg of your journey.

Book us in for coffee next July as we plan to be out there - even if only for a 'get a job' trip.

There are some really lovely houses for sale in Omokoroa at the moment, one came through this morning - to die for!!

Keep us all updated.

I totally concur with the crazy emotions of total excitement and WTH are we doing? I am able to stay working with my company but I keep asking myself....will my husband find a job? How long will it take us to find a place to live? Hang in there and keep us posted. Best of luck with your move Suzanne!

Ditto all the emotions... One minute complete elation, next OMG.

By the way Tauranga is lovely!

27 days left for me until touchdown in NZ!!

Awesome... I love Tauranga. We are debating between Omokoroa and Katikati. Let us know how it goes when you get there.

bon voyage!

p.s. it's worth it

Scarecited was my then eight year old son's description of his feeling.....they both loved it.

As to clothes British summer stuff with a couple of fleeces will probably just about keep you going when you arrive!

Good luck, it is, as Sophie puts it, worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast