Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you wait after the interview?

Question How did you wait after the interview?

I am just wondering how did you go about the waiting time after interview? I was told to expect result within a month after the interview. 1 and half month later, I am still waiting. I emailed my VO, she said due to huge case load and annual vacation and she expects to make a decision on my application this week.
    I also have a friend with the same VO, she was interviewed a week earlier than me. The result came within a month.

You can't judge your case against other people's - there may have been different matters involved entirely, for the CO to consider.

I'd say you have done the right thing for now. You've jogged the CO's memory that she has gone over the time she herself said, and got another (hope for) deadline. Now you have to wait and see how that goes.

Good luck.

If I remember correctly your CO is Jessie Zhao, right?

Hi JandM, thanks. It's just that before me, from what I read about her, she do what she says, if she said 10 days, she gives the result in 10 days, if within a month, she gives the result within a month. So I hope the decision "this week" will be really this week

hi klt, no, she's not my VO.

I agree with what JandM has said. I think it seems to depend on many different factors that might have changed that she had not thought about before she gave you the waiting time frame such as sudden work load due to urgency or other reason. I always add 30% buffer on top of what CO says in terms of time frame and I make up my mind with that 30% plus time frame and that brings excitement if s/he turns out before that.... That way you can manage your feelings as well :-)

Another way to take it is -- you have been struggling with this process for more than a year then just another extra one month should not be a big deal at all as long as you get through it, right? I believe patience gets paid off. Share your joys after you get the good news.

Do you think it's ok if I call her?

Default Any reply from yor co??

did ur co still replied you or not yet?
    lets hope for the best...

Quote Originally Posted by isnabera View Post
    Do you think it's ok if I call her?
    If I were you I sure would have called her as given time has already passed. They should be quite familiar with the feelings the applicants go through and they should put themselves in our shoes and look at the things. Even early or late by a day really counts for us.

Quote Originally Posted by klt View Post
    If I were you I sure would have called her as given time has already passed. They should be quite familiar with the feelings the applicants go through and they should put themselves in our shoes and look at the things. Even early or late by a day really counts for us.
    Thanks. How do I followup without making her feel I am rushing her?

It's still 'this week'. Phoning any time before next Monday would seem pushy, in my book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast