Thread: Need help with NZQA Assessment

Default Need help with NZQA Assessment

Hi all,

I have a Master's Degree in Computer Science from the United States (non-thesis). On the EOI application, they only give you 8 points without NZQA assessment and I need a 9 to get 140 total points. I did a NZQA pre-assessment but they only gave me 8 points. I called the NZQA office and they told me that if I did a full assessment, I might get a 9 but she could "neither confirm or deny". I don't want to pay the ~$700 just for them to tell me that I would only get 8 points for it. Do you guys think it is worth doing the full assessment?

Thanks.

Hello! What things you send NZQA for pre-assessment? All original degrees, marksheets and experience certificates or certified copies?

Quote Originally Posted by akshay7 View Post
    Hello! What things you send NZQA for pre-assessment? All original degrees, marksheets and experience certificates or certified copies?
    Thanks for the reply, I just sent in an online application, they didn't ask for any documents.

You could have done full-assessment with NZQA withour Pre-assessment.

If you visit qualifications section on immi.gov.nz, you will find that 4 years Bachelors and 2 years Master from India will fetch 60 points.

As you said, you have MS from USA. I guess you have four year Bachelor in Engineering.

I am pretty sure if you do full assessment, they will nominate you at scale 9 (60 points).

I guess you should go with full assessment, it is NZ$746. I know money is important but for getting something you have to bear.

This my suggestion, rest up to you.

Please ignore mistakes and no personal offences.

Regards.