Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch or Te Awamutu

It was a very tough decision but in the end we decided to go fo Te Awamutu. Financially it will be easier for the first few years until I start earning more and it will also be easier to get the kids sorted for school before we leave Ireland which would not have been possible in Christchurch. It should also be easier to find accommodation in TA and we just liked the sound of a nice quiet town and the life it could offer. Christchurch also had a lot to offer but for us at this time just not as much as TA.

Te Awamutu is a good size town surrounded by dairy farms. Cambridge is only 20 mins away and has some nice cafes etc and Hamilton is about the same and has plenty of larger stores and shopping, movie theater etc. If you want to touch base when you arrive just let me know. And no earthquakes since we have been here!!!!

Thanks. Hopefully all will go well with the visa applications and we can get there for the start of the new school year.

All the very best to you and your family with your plans.

A friend of mine have been living in ChCh since early-2010. He is a university student and is married. He has never said something bad about where he lives in; neither his wife. The only problem might be around the reconstruction of the city after the earthquakes.

HI JagerLeaves - just wondering how you're getting on in T/A afterwards? I've replied to one of your other posts regarding settling in NZ aswell as I'm interested to see how things went (nearly same situation here too --> Irish (Dublin) family of 4 with two young kids just approved residency visas and was also comparing ChCh in south Island Vs TA or Cambridge in North island. thanks :-)

JagerLeaves has not posted on the forum since 2013, so you may not get a reply.

Thanks - I noticed that but thought I'd chance it anyways. Don't think it's possible to PM unless I have a certain number of posts completed / privileges assigned.

Now you have made more than five posts, the forum should have automatically switched on your PMing privilege.

Hi - yep, all set now thanks with PM :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast