Thread: Shipping Company Review

Default Shipping Company Review

For those of you on this forum that are considering shipping your household goods, let me share my story. We booked a 20 foot container with UPAKWESHIP, which books actual transit through a firm called EUROUSA. There was a bit of a hang up with the container arriving at our house on time for loading, and it was about a week late getting to NZ. However, I am happy to say it did arrive with no major damages other than a few minor scratches. The team in NZ was very helpful also, as they put the container on the ground making unloading a lot easier than loading onto the truck as was the case when we moved.

UPAKWESHIP handled all the paperwork for us, including customs, fees, and taxes. The quote they gave us up front was all inclusive. We read a lot of horror stories about shipping via a container and often wondered if our stuff would ever arrive. In the end UPAKWESHIP did a good job considering the major logistical issues of shipping a container around the world, and I would recommend this company to those of you contemplating shipping via a container.
    Last edited by ScottNZ; 17th July 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks for the info. This is so helpful. I have never heard of this company before. Do you mind saying how much you paid in the end? How full was your 20ft? How many rooms of stuff did you fill it with?

Thanks Scott, good to know.