Thread: Container Filled - sails 27 July

Default Container Filled - sails 27 July

So if it wasn't ready yesterday, it isn't going! The packing team were a man down due to sickness but the 2 remaining ones worked like trojans and got it finished about 5.30 pm. They were very nice, chatty but hard workers too. Common sense was very evident - they obviously couldn't make decisions on what would be accepted and what wouldn't, but they were very helpful.

They assure me I wasn't the most disorganised person by far that they've ever had to deal with, but I have my doubts When they took the sofas apart, there was enough breakfast cereal and raisins underneath them to feed a family of four for a week!!! They detached the washing machine and dishwasher and moved them out of very tight spaces for me - really they couldn't have been more helpful. Fortunately they were able to get the lorry within a few feet of my house because it was pouring with rain every minute of their three days

So it sails next week, with an estimated arrival date in Auckland of 27 September, about 4-5 weeks after we arrive. My 5 year old understands but it's hard to get my 2 year old to understand why everything was being taken out of his house. I made sure he was out when they packed the toys up - that would have caused major tantrums. We're now living with my mother in law who, fortunately, is very lovely. I'm having surgery on Thursday this week then it's relax, relax, relax for me for a few weeks!!! Whatever will I do with myself

Glad for you that that part's over.

Woohoo! Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully you will truly get some time to relax.