Thread: Everything about 2 degrees

Default Everything about 2 degrees

Hi, After comparing the three options (vodafone, telecom & 2 deg) I have decided to go for the last one. However I want to know a few things so that I am absolutely doubt-free when I land there:

1. Will my iPhone 3GS (unlocked) work with 2 deg?
    2. Is there any 2 deg store at or near the Auckland airport?
    3. How long does it take to activate the SIM or is it pre-activated?
    4. What are documentation requirements to obtain a new prepaid connection and cost of Sim?
    5. Since my job would require some travelling I would like to know how good is the network in Highways and Taranaki region (Mainly New Plymouth)?

Any suggestions are most welcome and thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/home
    Yes, you can use an unlocked iphone 3GS with 2degrees.

I think your other questions will be answered via the 2degrees website.

As a rule of thumb, check on the link posted above..

1. Will my iPhone 3GS (unlocked) work with 2 deg?
    Yes

2. Is there any 2 deg store at or near the Auckland airport?
    I think you can get 2 Degrees sim card from Countdown which will be along the SH1 motorway towards Auckland city.

3. How long does it take to activate the SIM or is it pre-activated?
    It might take around 2-4 hours, at least that's how long VF took for us.

4. What are documentation requirements to obtain a new prepaid connection and cost of Sim?
    I dont remember giving any document, but ID proof would do.

5. Since my job would require some travelling I would like to know how good is the network in Highways and Taranaki region (Mainly New Plymouth)?
    2 Degrees piggy backs on Vodafone network, however I feel all the networks including Telecom are almost similar here in NZ. Click here for more info.

I would suggest you take a prepaid card and according to your needs switch to preferred telco operator & monthly plan later on (depending on whichever fixed line, broadband line you choose).

If you are looking at prepaid, you just buy the SIM, put it in the phone and it works right away. No registration is required, although you get bonus time if you register online to do topups etc.

And there is a 2 Degrees store at the airport. http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/2degrees-stores
    Last edited by Millieandme; 23rd July 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks a lot for your replies. Seems things are simpler in NZ as compared to India. Yes, I have already gone through the websites of all the service providers and searched the ENZ forum for relevant info before selecting an operator. Sun777, are there any additional charges when you roam on a different network?

You can buy a 2 degrees card from the duty free arrivals stores in Auckland Airport. They sell a visitors sim pack.

The one listed on the 2 degrees website is actually a few hundred metres from the terminal.