Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IQA Outcome Query--[Bachelor degree at level 7 (480 credits)] Urgent

Default IQA Outcome Query--[Bachelor degree at level 7 (480 credits)] Urgent

Today I have received my IQA result and I am surprised to see that there is generic outcome for my degree. I have applied for bonus points for qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage under the Skilled Migrant Category.

Please guide me can I still claim bonus point with my degree assessment outcome which is a bachelor degree at level 7 (480 credits).

Please guide me, Can I apply in any filed or occupation with generic outcome of my degree.

My degree is bachelor engineering in Electronics and Communication (4 Years full time).

But it is accessed by NZQA is A bachelor degree at level 7 (480 Credits).

Explanation of Assessment outcome:

Your bachelor of engineering has been compared to bachelor degree at level 7 (480 credits) here in New Zealand. This is a generic outcome. This mean that while there is substantial similarity in structure and learning outcomes to a New Zealand qualification there is not a current New Zealand qualification at this level that is level that is substantially similar in focus, content and/or inent.

This from the Operational Manual may help. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/

Residence » Skilled Migrant Category » SM13 Bonus points: work experience in an identified future growth area or an area of absolute skills shortage » SM13.20 Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

SM13.20 Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

Recognised work experience is assessed as being in an area of absolute skills shortage if:
    it was undertaken in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (refer Appendix 4) or that was on the Long Term Skill Shortage List at the time the principal applicant’s Expression of Interest was selected; and
    it meets the specifications for that occupation; and
    the principal applicant is suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake that work (including any specific requirements set out in column 3 of the Long Term Skill Shortage List or that were listed on the date their Expression of Interest was selected).
    Where the Long Term Skill Shortage List specifies that occupational registration is required for a listed occupation, the principal applicant must demonstrate that they:
    held occupational registration while undertaking the work experience, if occupational registration was required in the country in which the work occurred; and
    hold current full or provisional New Zealand occupational registration, or meets the requirements of SM19.15.b.ii if registration is required from the New Zealand Medical or Dental Council.
    SM13.20.1 Evidence

Recognised work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage only qualifies for points if the principal applicant provides evidence that satisfies an immigration officer that their work experience meets the requirements of SM13.20 above.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This from the Operational Manual may help. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/
    Yes I have checked on long term skilled shortage list, there are specific degrees titles are mentioned in column 3, but my education assessment outcome is generic and no name is given to my education then how can I check my education, in which field it lies.

My degree is in electronics and communication engineering and I have 6 years experience in telecom/cellular sector. Can I apply in any field because my education assessment outcome is generic (bachelor degree level 7) by NZQA .

What I just quoted is not the LTSL. It is the section about work experience. It seemed to me that maybe the nature of the skilled work you have done and can prove would be a way forward to finding which area you can select for your application.

As ever, asking INZ is always a possibility.

Zakwan

My degree is also assess as a generic out come with level 7.

Please see my thread: http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38378

Now I am seeking for a letter from IPENZ to certify that my academics meets the criteria for registration with IPENZ as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand. I have send my KA01 form, available on IPENZ website. If they don't accept KA01 form then I have to submit Ka02 form.

Read my thread will you understand what are the requirements and what is the next step.

Regards

Ahmer

thanks Ahmer,

ok i will check it then discuss with you if any further info required.

Hi Zakwan,

Any news from IPENZ to your case ?

Thanks.
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylee99 View Post
    Hi Zakwan,

Any news from IPENZ to your case ?

Thanks.
    Jeremy
    Hi jeremy;

I have not yet applied for IPENz because i am still shocked about NZQA result.. i have paid 787 $ (huge amount) but NZQA accessed my degree level 7 generic (then what is difference between engineering bachleor degree and simple bachelor arts degree, both have level 7), if NZQA are unable to acccess most of the engineeirng degrees with specific title then why NZQA is created, IPENz should replace NZQA for engineering degree accessment.

Quote Originally Posted by zakwan View Post
    Hi jeremy;

I have not yet applied for IPENz because i am still shocked about NZQA result.. i have paid 787 $ (huge amount) but NZQA accessed my degree level 7 generic (then what is difference between engineering bachleor degree and simple bachelor arts degree, both have level 7), if NZQA are unable to acccess most of the engineeirng degrees with specific title then why NZQA is created, IPENz should replace NZQA for engineering degree accessment.
    Hi,

If there is a way to challenge NZQA in such cases. If they haven't any degree matching with the contents of an international degree then what it has to do with the person applying. They should give it a degree name with the one it is matching the most. What is the purpose of giving this Generic Outcome ?

What is the purpose of giving this Generic Outcome ?
    INZ can only act within the bounds of what their purpose is, as set down in the regulations. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf p.21

Q. What is the purpose of an International Qualification Assessment?

An International Qualification Assessment states, where possible, which currently offered New Zealand qualification(s) on the Register of Quality Assured Qualifications (the Register) are substantially similar to the qualification(s) you have gained outside New Zealand. The International Qualification Assessment also indicates the level of learning outcome your qualification represents on the Register.

Q. What does it mean for me if you cannot find a qualification available in New Zealand comparable to my qualification from overseas?

If it is not possible to specify a particular qualification currently offered by a New Zealand qualification on the Register, because there is not a substantially similar qualification to one or more of your nominated qualifications offered in New Zealand, the nominated qualification will be compared to a level (and where possible credit value) on the Register.

If an international qualification can not be compared to any New Zealand qualification because the NZQA was unable to determine the accreditation status or authenticity of one or more of your qualifications, this is stated on the International Qualification Assessment report.
    (my bolding)

They have to look for something with substantially the same content, if they are to name one. If at the moment there is no degree giving the same content being taught in NZ, there is nothing they can name. This is no insult to your degree. They recognize its level. You could ask for a review (see p. 22 of that document), asking if it is possible to align it with the description you need, but in your place, so as not to waste time and money if things genuinely are very different, in NZ, or since you studied., I would first do some research to see if you can find a current NZ university syllabus which appears to you to cover the same material as your course did.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast