Thread: How about if visa expire when arrive due to flight dealy or anyother reasons...

Default How about if visa expire when arrive due to flight dealy or anyother reasons...

Hi all,

Becasue I booked flight from Singapore to Auckland which is very tight...just one day before my visa expire. (Jet Star)

How about if any urgent thighs happen then make flight dealy so my visa would expire...

do you think it works if airline give me one certification for expalining deley due to heavy rain, etc...

I would not like to risk everything on trying to enter the country on a lapsed visa. I have never heard of anyone making an excuse to INZ and getting away with it. If you possibly can, I would change the flight to give time for any possible travel delays.

We booked our flight 4 weeks before our visa expired and I thought we were already quite late. We prayed that nothing would happen to our flight, especially with AirAsia. True enough, AirAsia announced they stopped flying to London, Paris, 2 Indian cities and Christchurch after 31/3/2012 and our flight was on 2/4/2012. Thank God later they decided to stop flying to Christchurch only after 31/5/2012, and we safely landed Christchurch as scheduled.

Imaging if they stopped flying to Christchurch after 31/3/2012 and we had to make other arrangement in just one-month time! I just couldn't take the pressure to make another booking, pay a few more times than our initial booking and not knowing if we could meet the deadline to land in NZ.

I would change the flight to at least a week before the expiry date. 1 day before the expiry date is simply too risky, I think.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Knowing Jetstar's reputation, I wouldn't take anything forgranted with them and would definitely not book with them with one day to spare!

I wouldn't risk that. It just takes one little thing - mechanical problems, fog at the airport, you name it. Delays may not happen that often, but they do happen and I don't think they would accept your visa at the airport if it was out of date.