Thread: Moving & Passport certification

Default Moving & Passport certification

Our removal company has asked for a copy of the passport id page and the visa. The notes from Crown say that this needs to be certified by a JP or police station, or Crown office.

Can someone let me know what they did here? Did they just send in copies and the removal company certified or did you have to pay for the certification (expensive).

Puzzled why I haven't heard of this before...

I haven't seen this on the threads, either. I would have thought the time this paperwork is needed is when you get your stuff upon its arrival in NZ, for Customs to see whether you're liable for duty and taxes, or (as in your case) you get the concessions as an immigrant. If it were possible to leave it till that stage, JPs in NZ don't charge for certifying documents. Maybe worth asking Crown WHY they think they need it for any purposes in the UK, or in transit?

We just sent scans of our visa pages, that's all Pickfords asked for!

Think that we went into NZ Vanlines on arrival here...can't remember at the UK end giving this, butit has been a while. however the rules change...but maybe check again with Crown. If needed our solicitor certified copies of things for free, if we took them in to him as we were selling house.

Maybe its changed but we moved with Crown and just had to scan our visa's over

I have just checked and the only mention I can find on the customs website is that they require to see a Photocopy of your visa/passport heading when your goods arrive and you are not in the country, nothing about certified copies

http://www.customs.govt.nz/inprivate...s/default.aspx