Thread: Partner's qualification points

Default Partner's qualification points

Hi,

How many bonus points will be given if partner's qualification is assessed as level 6 by NZQA and the qualification was completed outside NZ before 24 July 2011? 10 or 20?

10. The twenty points are only available for a New Zealand qualification completed before that date. Operational manual http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ SM17.5.

Hi Jand,

I need your expertise before I lodge an IQA with my partner's qualification.
    EOI selected on 11 January 2012.
    Partner's Qualification was taken on September 2000 (outside New Zealand)
    PAR : Level 5
    Based from below the manual ops, can I claim bonus points (10 or 20) ?

SM17.5 BONUS POINTS: PARTNER'S RECOGNISED QUALIFICATIONS (30/07/2011)
    Recognised qualifications (see SM14.5) held by the partner of a principal applicant qualify for the following points:
    Level on the New Zealand Qualification Framework
    Three - must be on the List of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception (SM14.10.10)
    Four - must be recognised in SM14.10 (d) and (e)
    Five
    Six
    Seven to 10
    A partner's recognised qualification only qualifies for points under this provision if:
    the partner is included in the application; and
    the partner meets the English language requirements for principal applicants (see SM5.5); and
    an immigration officer is satisfied that the principal applicant and their partner have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable (see F2.10.1) and otherwise meets Partnership instructions (see F2.15).

Despite (a), if a partner of a principal applicant holds a recognised New Zealand qualification at levels three, four, five, and six on the NZQF, they will be eligible for 20 points if:
    the qualification would have met the requirements for the award of points under the Skilled Migrant Category that was in effect on 24 July 2011; and
    the qualification was completed before 25 July 2011 or they had commenced a course of study, resulting in the qualification for which they are claiming points, on 24 July 2011.
    Effective 30/07/2011

Thanks
    Jeremy

As in the answer to the previous poster, you can claim 10 points. The twenty points are only available for a New Zealand qualification completed before the date mentioned.