Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrogance of officers against some of nations

Default Arrogance of officers against some of nations

Hi,

we are "mixed" or interracial (I do not like this word ) couple (I am Czech and my wife is Nepali) and we are hoping for the future in New Zealand. Why NZ? Well, I was thinking that as a "mixed" couple we will have easier life there (with my 180cm and my wife's 148cm we are little bit noticeable ), my wife does not need to learn totally new language and it is true it is beautiful country. I found very well paid job there and during 4 month based on my skills got resident visa. I applied from London branch and I was amazed by there professional and human approach towards to applicants. Since we are not married longer then 12 month I was not able to put my wife to my application. Now we are living in Nepal, my wife is applying through the Delhi branch for partnership visitor visa and I am in shock how our indian officer is treating my wife as a Nepali and looking at us as a mixed couple. I have the following questions based on our experience:

- is it normal that during interview the officer is shouting at you because you did not understand question?
    - is it allowed that for the future assessment officer is using and twisting words from interview which are not in printed interview paper?
    - is it normal, that officer is not telling true (however, it is just my word against officer one since these words are not in interview paper)?
    - is it normal, that officer is not replying to polite e-mails with constructive questions?
    - is it normal, that some comments of officers about relations of clients are quire offending (maybe they are using some general sentences)?

It is just my personal feeling, but according my humble opinion the biggest problem is that we are simply "mixed" couple and in eyes of some people we are not fitting together. As for evidence about our relationship, strict application of general rules which will be working in European countries to Nepal is quite ridiculous. We are living in house without post address, electricity bill is normally always in the name of house owner, there is not any police register where are you living etc. etc. We are collecting as much evidence as possible but only reply is that we still did not deliver enough proofs that we are living together.

The process of my wife's application is still going on, and I know I am risking declining of my wife's visa by putting this post here (people from NZ immigration can easily read this forum and we can be easily identify). However, in democratic society we should be not afraid of officers and it should be allowed to express our critics towards their behavior. After my visit of NZ I was amazed by this country and me and my wife were really looking forward to settle down there. Now I am starting to have just bitter feeling in my heart and in spite of fact, that this 10 month relocation process cost us almost all our savings I am prepared to resign to my residence visa.

It's not right the way you're being treated. Maybe you should report this to New Zealand Immigration so they can lodge an investigation.

That's not at all acceptable, I think you must put all this formally with INZ and provide all the supporting details, regardless of this being immigration issue - I think generally any bias towards other nationals is a big no.

These may be useful. I do hope you get a good resolution of your problem. It is not acceptable for anyone to be treated rudely, still less with a racist attitude. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ntsprocess.htm
    http://www.hrc.co.nz/report/chapters...18/race01.html

I think you should collect all the proofs together including recording of the interview (I assume INZ should have this done) and file a case. This is absolutely big no for such discrimination. My experience in India has been so bad that I could see how even those educated people treat others. I cannot believe a country which is taken as one of future super powers but its people are even 50 years back... unbelievable.

Just go ahead with courage and s/he has no right to decline your application as long as your case fulfills all the requirement. So, no worry about it..and do not be afraid of it. If I were you I would not bear with such treatment. I would rather give up visa and go for filing the case against him/her if s/he goes extreme.

Good luck!!!

NZ is one of the most transparent governments in the world: I think NZ officials would find this horrifying and unacceptable. You don't need to be afraid about posting in this forum.

If you had good rapport with your London CO I would write them and ask for their perspective/advice. They cannot intervene, but they might have some useful information--at the very least how you could file a complaint without jeopardizing your wife's application.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'v heard and have experience of similar things happening because of the intervieweing officer's prejudice in the context of many governments and many nationalities. I also suspect that the same officer would behave differently in different socio-cultural environments. Having said that, this is totally unacceptable and I agree with others suggesting that you try to put down in writing to the best of your recollection all verbal exchanges with the officer and submit this with the written evidence such as emails to the NZ immigration as part of a formal complaint before this officer renders a negative decision. As a minimum, hopefully they'll assign another officer for your case.

Dear all,

thank you very much for your replies and support. Your replies just confirm what I am thinking and after discussion with me friend (he knows our case and he is able to look at it without emotions) I am prepared to complain about behavior of our officer.

I just want to add, that I never expected (after I got quiet quickly my resident visa) that we will have these kind of problems. I understand there have to be some rules, in the end not everybody is honest, but family is usually the most important in our life and, according my opinion, officers shout help to keep family together, not try to separate it. Nobody can expect, that I will leave my wife.
    Last edited by Fandano; 28th July 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Yupe, go for it. Follow the complaint process as given by JandM. You better not be worried about the result of your application.

@ Fandano.. Very sad to understand the way you have been treated by New Delhi Immigration Branch.

I actually wanted to share what had happened with my friend who applied for student visa. She had her Student Orientation on 16/07/12 and Uni wanted her to be there on the first day. However, all of you can understand...loan processing/ documents and other formalities enabled her to apply for the visa to New Delhi Branch only on 29/06/12. The case officer wanted an additional document and had sent a mail to my friend who wasn't very clear about what they wanted. Hence she had called the case officer to get more information. Basis that she also sent the document through Courier. There was no acknowledgement (5days) to 4mails sent to the case officer and she sent a 5th mail which was finally responded by the case officer.

THe case officer sounded very harsh and she had written that, if we want anything we will call you.. Pls don't keep sending mails to.. Otherwise.. we'll there would be a delay in processing..

By Friend explained the situation to her University and got an extension of 3days. she had to fly at 11.45pm and she got the visa through courier at 3.50pm in the evening.. I was with her and literally could understand the stress she went through till the last moment....

You pls do the escalation and ensure this is not repeated to others........

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast