Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy second hand car in Auckland?

Default Where to buy second hand car in Auckland?

I know there are some car auction companies in Auckland

but not sure whether any other good recommendations?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baron33 View Post
    I know there are some car auction companies in Auckland

but not sure whether any other good recommendations?

Thanks!
    Trademe is what I know of. Btw, do you mind sharing your timeline? Your application was processed by Shanghai or Beijing branch?

Turners are the biggest in New Zealand, they usually have set days of the week for different types of vehicle / budget, so check this on their website

http://www.turners.co.nz

There are also carfairs at Ellerslie racecourse http://www.carfair.co.nz/ on Sunday and in the city www.aucklandcitycarfair.co.nz/ on Saturday. My experience of these in the past is that some of the pricing is a bit unrealistic but you can have a look at a lot of (private sale) second hand cars in a short time. There are also vehicle checks available on site, so can be OK if you are in a hurry.

We considered auctions but as we aren't very car knowledgeable, we went to a dealer. Many dealers also were advertise on Trademe. If you buy at a dealer, you are covered by the Consumer Guarantee Act, which doesn't apply at auctions or private sales.

Try Mike at HBC Vehicle Wholesale Ltd on 021 492 967. Absolutely great quality cars, low mileage and doesn't walk away if anything doesn't live up to your expectations. I would not hesitate to buy another car from him again, but of course this is based upon my one experience thus far.

I bought my first second hand car from a office colleague migrating to Australia. As was new to 'car world', took along a very knowledgeable friend to check the car for any problems. As a general advice, get it from somebody you know and do not go for very cheap cars (those $999 ones on TradeMe, for example).

I was just curious to check out some models and found "Buy Right Cars" to be very useful, the sales person walked us through all the available models - checkout their trademe store if you want to browse some of the models or cost estimate for comparison - we finally didn't buy as other unexpected priorities came up.

Be careful with auctions, unless you have done the relevant checks etc. I know a few people who have brought from auctions. Some did well and others, well, not so well..

Trademe is a great source as dealers and private advertise.

Failing that there are a whole bunch of dealers on the Panmure Highway.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast