HELP! I’M A POM, GET ME OUTTA HERE!!….NOT.
lol

Hi all.

July 28th 2007 we landed at AKL with 4 holdalls and a drive to change our lives.
Well, we’ve been here in Napier for 5 years.
We came for a look round in 2003, and within 1 hour of setting foot on NZ soil we felt we had “come home”.
Strange feeling but everything felt right.
Took a while to sort stuff in the UK but we did it.
I’ll never forget that feeling of handing our house keys to the estate agent and sitting in a hotel room and looking at the bank account balance.
That feeling of freedom was superb, the world was our oyster. (and we did a bit of travelling and partying).

So, we hit Napier on a high and have never looked back. (except to see if anyone was following!)
Even after 5 years, I still walk down Marine Parade and think, “wow, I live here”.
Even after earthquakes, tsunami warnings, landslips (we’re on Napier Hill) and getting caught up in the Napier siege, we’re staying put.
Last year we bought a beautiful 1910 Villa, and we are in the process of taking her back to her former glory. Hard work, but it will be worth it!
We have truly found our paradise.

We are working hard on our business; Hawke’s Bay Spirits Ltd.

Next May we can apply for Citizenship and apart from two speeding tickets we should be good. (one of the tickets was Carons (miss slow)).

To all of you in the process of applying to come to NZ; keep at it and never give up the dream.
If you want something badly enough, you’ll get it.

Coming to Hawke’s Bay? Drop us a message, we’re glad to help you out.

The future?
Who knows?
Circumstances can change rapidly….!

Good wishes to all,

Nick..